About This Chapter
Massachusetts Bridges - Chapter Summary
Strengthening your knowledge of bridges in Massachusetts is simple when using the bite-sized lessons in this self-paced architecture chapter. Our expert instructors make it easy to grasp the history and construction of these bridges in a short period of time. As you review the lessons, feel free to gauge your comprehension by taking mini quizzes and a practice exam. Around-the-clock computer and mobile access lets you study wherever and whenever your schedule permits. Once you've completed this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the history and describe the construction of the Longfellow Bridge in Boston
- Share the history and important facts about the Old North Bridge
- Describe the construction and state important facts about the Zakim Bridge
1. Longfellow Bridge in Boston: Construction & History
In this lesson, we explore the history, construction, and restoration of the Longfellow Bridge that connects the cities of Boston, Massachusetts and Cambridge, Massachusetts across the Charles River.
2. Old North Bridge: History & Facts
The USA has many great bridges, but not all of them helped start wars. In this lesson, we'll check out the design and history of the Old North Bridge.
3. Zakim Bridge: Construction & Facts
The Zakim Bridge is a very impressive modern structure. In this lesson, we'll explore the history and design behind this bridge, and see what makes it so unique amongst American bridges.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Architectural Structures Study Guide course
- Architecture of Famous Mosques
- Architecture & Temples of Asia
- Architecture of Theaters & Opera Houses
- Architecture of Cities
- Bridges of the United States
- Bridges of the World
- Notable US Sights
- Garden Designs & History
- Famous Architectural Works
- Architectural Structures in Spain
- Bridges in the Mid-Atlantic States
- Bridges in the South Atlantic States
- California Architectural Structures
- Canadian Bridges
- European Bridges
- Italian Architectural Structures
- Louisiana Bridges
- New York Architectural Structures
- Oregon Bridges
- Architecture & Design of Famous Churches & Cathedrals
- Architecure & Design of Famous Castles
- The Great Wall of China