About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material for the SAT will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for the SAT. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the math section's structure and types of questions
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the math section of the SAT
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra SAT math prep resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the math section prep chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the math section prep chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about the math section. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a math section unit of a standard SAT prep course. Topics covered include:
- Structure of the math section
- Scoring and patterns for the math section
- Strategies for completing the math section
- Methods for using the reference area
- Types of questions in the math section
- Structure of multiple-choice questions
- Tips for handling grid-in questions
1. Structure of the SAT Math Section: Structure, Patterns & Scoring
In this lesson, you'll take a look at what you're up against on the SAT math section. We'll cover what kind of questions you'll see, how they're scored, and how you can use this information to boost your score.
2. SAT Math: Strategy for Approaching the Math Section
How should you approach the SAT math section? To help prepare you for exam day, this lesson examines test-taking strategies for the two most common types of questions and the tools available to students on the day of the test.
3. SAT Math: Multiple Choice Questions
In this lesson, we'll look at multiple choice questions on the SAT math section. We'll practice with some example questions, and cover tips and tricks for how to do well on this type of question.
4. Solving Word Problems on the SAT
In this lesson, you'll learn the 2-step process for tackling word problems on the SAT and get some hints for how to avoid common word problem pitfalls, like tricky language and mismatched units.
5. Solving Math Problems with Number Lines on the SAT
In this lesson, you'll get an overview of what number lines are, some tips for tackling them on the SAT and a preview of the kinds of number line problems on the test.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Help and Review course
- SAT - About the Test: Help and Review
- SAT Test Prep: General Info
- Writing - About the Writing Section: Help and Review
- Writing - Text & Argument Analysis: Help and Review
- Writing - Word Choice & Expression: Help and Review
- Writing - Standard English Grammar: Help and Review
- Writing - Writing & Language Test Practice: Help and Review
- Writing - The Essay Portion: Help and Review
- Writing - Planning & Writing An Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Parts of an Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Sentence Clarity and Structure: Help and Review
- Writing - Essay Writing Skills: Help and Review
- Writing - How to Write an Argument: Help and Review
- Writing - Supporting Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Revising Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- Reading - About the Reading Section: Help and Review
- Reading - Sentence Completions: Help and Review
- Reading - Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Interpreting & Analyzing Text: Help and Review
- Reading - Mastering Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Literary Terms: Help and Review
- Reading - US Documents & Speeches: Help and Review
- Math - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- Math - Exponents: Help and Review
- Math - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Rational Equations & Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Inequalities: Help and Review
- Math - Functions: Help and Review
- Math - Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Math - Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships: Help and Review
- Math - Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions: Help and Review
- Math - Geometry and Measurement: Help and Review
- Math - Triangles & Trigonometric Ratios: Help and Review
- Math - Data Analysis, Statistics & Probability: Help and Review
- SAT Vocabulary Practice