About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material for the SAT will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for the SAT. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding operations and graphs involving inequalities
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about inequalities
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the inequalities chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the inequalities chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about inequalities. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an inequalities unit of a standard SAT prep course. Topics covered include:
- Set notation and compound inequalities
- Systems of inequalities
- Graphs for 1- and 2-variable inequalities
- Graphs for absolute value inequalities
- Methods for solving absolute value inequalities
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
3. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
4. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
5. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
6. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
7. Solving One-Step Linear Inequalities
In this video lesson, you will learn how you can solve any kind of linear inequality that only requires one step. Learn when you need to subtract, when you need to add, when you need to multiply, and when you need to divide.
8. Solving Two-Step Linear Inequalities
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve any kind of linear inequality problem where you only have to perform two steps. You will know in what order to perform each step and you will know just what kind of operation you need to do.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Help and Review course
- SAT - About the Test: Help and Review
- SAT Test Prep: General Info
- Writing - About the Writing Section: Help and Review
- Writing - Text & Argument Analysis: Help and Review
- Writing - Word Choice & Expression: Help and Review
- Writing - Standard English Grammar: Help and Review
- Writing - Writing & Language Test Practice: Help and Review
- Writing - The Essay Portion: Help and Review
- Writing - Planning & Writing An Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Parts of an Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Sentence Clarity and Structure: Help and Review
- Writing - Essay Writing Skills: Help and Review
- Writing - How to Write an Argument: Help and Review
- Writing - Supporting Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Revising Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- Reading - About the Reading Section: Help and Review
- Reading - Sentence Completions: Help and Review
- Reading - Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Interpreting & Analyzing Text: Help and Review
- Reading - Mastering Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Literary Terms: Help and Review
- Reading - US Documents & Speeches: Help and Review
- Math - About the Math Section: Help and Review
- Math - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- Math - Exponents: Help and Review
- Math - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Rational Equations & Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Functions: Help and Review
- Math - Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Math - Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships: Help and Review
- Math - Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions: Help and Review
- Math - Geometry and Measurement: Help and Review
- Math - Triangles & Trigonometric Ratios: Help and Review
- Math - Data Analysis, Statistics & Probability: Help and Review
- SAT Vocabulary Practice