About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering ratios, rates and proportional relationships will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about these mathematic concepts. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding ratios, proportions, and rates
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about ratios, rates and proportional relationships
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your readiness by completing the Math - Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Math - Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on ratios, rates or proportional relationships. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a ratios, rates and/or proportional relationships unit of a standard SAT prep course. Topics covered include:
- Defining and exemplifying ratios and proportions
- Calculations involving ratios and proportions
- Solving problems by means of rates
1. Ratios and Proportions: Definition and Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how ratios and proportions are related. Also, learn how ratios and proportions are used in real life and how you can apply them to yours.
2. Calculations with Ratios and Proportions
Even if only 99 out of 100 people need to know how to work with ratios, the odds that they'll be useful to you are very high. In this lesson, we'll practice performing calculations with ratios and proportions.
3. Practice Problems for Calculating Ratios and Proportions
In this lesson, you'll get a quick review of a type of math problem that shows up on the SAT: ratios and proportions. We'll walk through some problems in the video, and you can test your skills in the quiz questions.
4. Solving Problems Using Rates
In this video lesson, learn how to set up rate problems so you can easily solve them. You will become familiar with the rate formula and you will see how easy it is to use.
5. How to Read and Interpret Scale Drawings
Watch this video lesson to learn how scale drawings and legends are used on maps and blueprints. Learn skills that will serve you well when traveling and when looking at the blueprints of a car.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Help and Review course
- SAT - About the Test: Help and Review
- SAT Test Prep: General Info
- Writing - About the Writing Section: Help and Review
- Writing - Text & Argument Analysis: Help and Review
- Writing - Word Choice & Expression: Help and Review
- Writing - Standard English Grammar: Help and Review
- Writing - Writing & Language Test Practice: Help and Review
- Writing - The Essay Portion: Help and Review
- Writing - Planning & Writing An Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Parts of an Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Sentence Clarity and Structure: Help and Review
- Writing - Essay Writing Skills: Help and Review
- Writing - How to Write an Argument: Help and Review
- Writing - Supporting Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Revising Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- Reading - About the Reading Section: Help and Review
- Reading - Sentence Completions: Help and Review
- Reading - Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Interpreting & Analyzing Text: Help and Review
- Reading - Mastering Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Literary Terms: Help and Review
- Reading - US Documents & Speeches: Help and Review
- Math - About the Math Section: Help and Review
- Math - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- Math - Exponents: Help and Review
- Math - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Rational Equations & Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Inequalities: Help and Review
- Math - Functions: Help and Review
- Math - Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Math - Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions: Help and Review
- Math - Geometry and Measurement: Help and Review
- Math - Triangles & Trigonometric Ratios: Help and Review
- Math - Data Analysis, Statistics & Probability: Help and Review
- SAT Vocabulary Practice