About This Chapter
Math Word Problems for Kids - Chapter Summary
Lessons in this chapter can give students the knowledge boost they need as they study math word problems. Help them understand how to solve problems with one or more steps, and provide them with strategies they can use to solve basic problems. In no time, they will be ready to:
- Use addition, subtraction, multiplication and division skills to solve word problems
- Solve two- and multi-step math word problems
- Visualize math word problems using sketches and notes
- Utilize specific strategies to simplify the process of solving word problems
This chapter can be tailored to your students' specific learning and study needs. Lessons can be navigated in any sequence and viewed as many times as needed to help students feel confident in their understanding of math word problems. When ready, test their comprehension of the lessons by having them take multiple-choice quizzes. Use the chapter exam to provide students with a broader review of the lessons.
1. Math Word Problems: Lesson for Kids
Once you've learned to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, the next step is learning how to apply those skills when solving word problems. This lesson will teach you how to recognize some of the different types of word problems.
2. Two-Step Math Word Problems
You might be pretty comfortable solving math word problems with just one step, but have you tried a two-step problem? They're not as tough as you might think! This lesson will help you learn how to tackle those two-step word problems with ease!
3. Multi-Step Math Word Problems: Lesson for Kids
Multi-step word problems may seem tough to solve at first, but they are actually pretty easy. In this lesson, you will learn the basic steps needed to solve any multi-step word problem.
4. Visualizing Math Word Problems: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever read a question on a math test and been unsure of even what the question was asking? In this lesson, learn the tools that will help you successfully solve difficult math word problems.
5. Strategies for Math Word Problems: Lesson for Kids
Solving math word problems is an incredibly useful skill. You can use it in your everyday life! In this lesson, you will learn some valuable techniques for breaking problems down and finding their solutions!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NAPLAN Year 3: Test Prep & Practice course
- Understanding the NAPLAN Tests
- Overview of Grammar for Kids
- Spelling & Capitalization for Kids
- Punctuation Rules for Kids
- Reading Comprehension for Kids
- The Writing Process for Kids
- Counting, Number Patterns & Estimation for Kids
- Decimals & Fractions for Kids
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication & Division for Kids
- Understanding Geometry for Kids
- Time, Money & Measurement for Kids
- Reading Basic Graphs, Charts & Figures for Kids
- NAPLAN Year 3 Flashcards