About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering high school precalculus material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school precalculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the equations and models used in mathematical modeling
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about mathematical modeling
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Mathematical Modeling chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Mathematical Modeling chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any mathematical modeling question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn answers to questions including:
- How do I write and evaluate algebraic expressions for 2-dimensional geometric figures?
- How do I write and apply real life linear models?
- What do I do to apply systems of linear equations to the breakeven point?
- What do I do to apply systems of linear equations to market equilibrium?
- How do I use quadratic models to find minimum and maximum values?
1. Writing & Evaluating Algebraic Expressions for Two-Dimensional Geometric Figures
Learning more about algebraic expressions and geometric figures will help you solve problems that occur in your life. In this lesson, you will use the perimeter of a two-dimensional geometric shape to solve a real-world problem.
2. Writing & Evaluating Real-Life Linear Models: Process & Examples
You make decisions about budgeting and other financial issues using linear models without even realizing it. Learn how to write and evaluate linear models.
3. Applying Systems of Linear Equations to Breakeven Point: Steps & Example
Businesses use breakeven points to determine price and sell products. Learn how to use systems of linear equations with revenue and cost functions to find the breakeven point.
4. Applying Systems of Linear Equations to Market Equilibrium: Steps & Example
Businesses use market equilibrium to determine price and sell products. Learn how to use systems of linear equations to find market equilibrium in this video lesson. Review what you know with a short quiz!
5. Using Quadratic Models to Find Minimum & Maximum Values: Definition, Steps & Example
Minimum and maximum values are found in parabolas that open up or down. In this lesson, learn how to find the minimum and maximum values algebraically and graphically.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Help and Review course
- Working with Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Working With Inequalities: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations: Help and Review
- Working with Complex Numbers: Help and Review
- Systems of Linear Equations: Help and Review
- Introduction to Quadratics: Help and Review
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Help and Review
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Help and Review
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Help and Review
- Understanding Function Operations: Help and Review
- Graph Symmetry: Help and Review
- Graphing with Functions: Help and Review
- Rate of Change: Help and Review
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Help and Review
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Help and Review
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients: Help and Review
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Help and Review
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Help and Review
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Graphs: Help and Review
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Identities: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Help and Review
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Help and Review
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Help and Review
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Help and Review
- Sets in Algebra: Help and Review
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Help and Review
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Help and Review
- Continuity: Help and Review
- Limits: Help and Review