About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other precalculus work.
- Identify the mathematical modeling concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school precalculus tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn mathematical modeling and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding algebraic expressions for two-dimensional geometric figures, real-life linear models, breakeven point, quadratic models, market equilibrium or any other mathematical modeling topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their mathematical modeling unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in precalculus
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning mathematical modeling simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live precalculus tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn mathematical modeling on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn to write and evaluate algebraic expressions for two-dimensional geometric figures.
- Understand the process for writing and evaluating real-life linear models.
- Study the steps needed to apply systems of linear equations to breakeven point.
- Learn to apply systems of linear equations to market equilibrium.
- Find out how to use quadratic models to find minimum and maximum values.
1. Writing & Evaluating Algebraic Expressions for Two-Dimensional Geometric Figures
Learning more about algebraic expressions and geometric figures will help you solve problems that occur in your life. In this lesson, you will use the perimeter of a two-dimensional geometric shape to solve a real-world problem.
2. Writing & Evaluating Real-Life Linear Models: Process & Examples
You make decisions about budgeting and other financial issues using linear models without even realizing it. Learn how to write and evaluate linear models.
3. Applying Systems of Linear Equations to Breakeven Point: Steps & Example
Businesses use breakeven points to determine price and sell products. Learn how to use systems of linear equations with revenue and cost functions to find the breakeven point.
4. Applying Systems of Linear Equations to Market Equilibrium: Steps & Example
Businesses use market equilibrium to determine price and sell products. Learn how to use systems of linear equations to find market equilibrium in this video lesson. Review what you know with a short quiz!
5. Using Quadratic Models to Find Minimum & Maximum Values: Definition, Steps & Example
Minimum and maximum values are found in parabolas that open up or down. In this lesson, learn how to find the minimum and maximum values algebraically and graphically.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Tutoring Solution course
- Working with Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Working With Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Complex Numbers: Tutoring Solution
- Systems of Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Quadratics in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Function Operations: Tutoring Solution
- Graph Symmetry: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing with Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Rate of Change in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Functions and Difference Quotients: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Identities: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Tutoring Solution
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Tutoring Solution
- Sets in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Tutoring Solution
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Tutoring Solution
- Continuity in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Limits in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution