About This Chapter
1. How to Calculate a Permutation
A permutation is a method used to calculate the total outcomes of a situation where order is important. In this lesson, John will use permutations to help him organize the cards in his poker hand and order a pizza.
2. How to Calculate the Probability of Permutations
In this lesson, you will learn how to calculate the probability of a permutation by analyzing a real-world example in which the order of the events does matter. We'll also review what a factorial is. We will then go over some examples for practice.
3. Math Combinations: Formula and Example Problems
Combinations are an arrangement of objects where order does not matter. In this lesson, the coach of the Wildcats basketball team uses combinations to help his team prepare for the upcoming season.
4. How to Calculate the Probability of Combinations
To calculate the probability of a combination, you will need to consider the number of favorable outcomes over the number of total outcomes. Combinations are used to calculate events where order does not matter. In this lesson, we will explore the connection between these two essential topics.
5. Fundamental Counting Principle: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the fundamental counting principle, a method for determining how many ways choices can be made from groups. Several examples will be given.
6. Sample Space in Statistics: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn the definition of sample space - an important concept in the study of probability. Examples and quiz questions will illustrate how this concept exists in the real world.
7. How to Calculate Simple Conditional Probabilities
Conditional probability, just like it sounds, is a probability that happens on the condition of a previous event occurring. To calculate conditional probabilities, we must first consider the effects of the previous event on the current event.
8. The Relationship Between Conditional Probabilities & Independence
Conditional and independent probabilities are a basic part of learning statistics. It's important that you can understand the similarities and differences between the two as discussed in this lesson.
9. Applying Conditional Probability & Independence to Real Life Situations
It can be really confusing learning how to apply conditional and independent probability to real-life situations. This lesson focuses on several examples and practice problems to help you learn how to find conditional probability.
10. Probability of Compound Events: Definition & Examples
Determining the probability of compound events involves finding the probability of each event and then determining how to combine them. This lesson will give you the tools to find the probability and finish with a quiz to cement your knowledge.
11. Binomial Distribution: Definition, Formula & Examples
You have a probability distribution to create, which one do you use? That depends. In this lesson, learn about binomial distributions, get examples and criteria for their use, and learn how to calculate the binomial distribution formula.
12. Normal Distribution of Data: Examples, Definition & Characteristics
In this lesson, we'll explore the normal distribution of data. Learn about the characteristics of normal distribution, how to plot histograms, the empirical rule, and more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Math: Study Guide & Prep course
- About the CSET Mathematics Test
- Real and Complex Numbers
- Types of Equations
- Polynomial Inequalities & Equations
- Types of Functions in Math
- CSET Math: Linear Algebra
- CSET Math: Number Theory
- CSET Math: Parallelism
- Triangle Congruencies & Conics
- CSET Math: Plane Euclidean Geometry
- CSET Math: Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Basic Transformations in Geometry
- Basic Measures in Statistics
- CSET Math: Trigonometry
- CSET Math: Limits & Continuity
- CSET Math: Derivatives
- Derivative Theorems, Rules and Graphs
- Application and Optimization of Derivatives
- CSET Math: Integrals
- CSET Math: Applications of Integrals
- Sequences and Series in Math
- CSET Math Flashcards