About This Chapter
Matilda Teaching Resources - Chapter Summary
As you develop your curriculum and plan lessons for your unit on the children's novel Matilda, it's good to get help from as many teacher resources as possible. This chapter offers a variety of resources that can help you create fun lessons to keep your students engaged. Some include:
- Matilda unit plan and lesson plan
- Classroom activities for the novel
- Matilda discussion and comprehension questions
- Writing prompts for the novel
- Books similar to Matilda
This chapter can be accessed using any computer, smartphone or tablet with an Internet connection. Around-the-clock accessibility enables you to easily plan your lessons before, during or after school.
How It Helps
- Simplifies lesson planning: The unit plan, lesson plan and other resources in this chapter provide teaching tips along with activity and discussion ideas that simplify the lesson planning process.
- Saves time and effort: All teacher resources are available in one convenient location to help you save valuable time and effort researching ideas for your lessons.
- Enhances student comprehension: This chapter helps you plan well-rounded lessons and activities that keep your students engaged and enhance their learning outcomes.
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Create a comprehensive Matilda unit
- Develop entertaining lessons for the novel that keep your students engaged
- Incorporate fun classroom activities into your lessons
- Ask your students thought-provoking discussion questions
- Assess your students' knowledge of the book using comprehension questions
- Have your students share their understanding of Matilda using writing prompts
- Introduce books similar to Matilda to your students
1. Matilda Unit Plan
Roald Dahl's literary classic 'Matilda' can be a joy to read in school. This lesson provides teachers with a 'Matilda' unit outline designed for classroom use.
2. Matilda Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to support the reading of 'Matilda' with your students. An informational text lesson guides the story summary and is supplemented with discussion questions and activities to increase understanding. Finish with a quiz and culminating activity to make learning stick.
3. Matilda Classroom Activities
If you are reading Roald Dahl's 'Matilda' with your class, you may be looking for ways to bring the book to life. This lesson offers you some classroom activities that help you make the most of the reading experience.
4. Matilda Discussion Questions
The story of Matilda has many elements that provide opportunities for discussion. From characters to events, this story encourages students to use critical thinking skills. The questions in this lesson will help facilitate an effective discussion with your students.
5. Matilda Comprehension Questions
'Matilda' is a book filled with complex characters and a bit of magic. Utilize the following questions to ensure student comprehension, challenge critical thinking, and develop literary analysis skills.
6. Matilda Writing Prompts
Roald Dahl's 'Matilda' can be an engaging and meaningful text for students. This lesson offers some writing prompts to help them process their work with the novel.
7. Books Like Matilda
If your students liked Roald Dahl's 'Matilda,' they might like other similar books as well! This lesson offers you some suggestions that will keep your students reading.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.