About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering SAT mathematics level 2 material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for this SAT math subject test. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to perform basic matrix operations
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about matrices for the SAT exam
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Matrices chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Matrices chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any matrices question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a matrices unit of a standard math course. Topics covered include:
- Taking the determinant of a matrix
- Performing matrix row operations
- Finding a matrix's multiplicative inverse
1. What is a Matrix?
A matrix is an array of numbers enclosed in brackets that represents a system of equations. Explore matrices and the parts of a matrix and learn how to add, subtract, and multiply matrices.
2. How to Take a Determinant of a Matrix
The determinant is a simple but unique operation you can perform with a matrix. Learn how to solve for the determinant based on the size of the matrix, and study explanations of each type of matrix to expand your math vocabulary.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the SAT Mathematics Level 2: Help and Review course
- Basic Math Review: Help and Review
- Square Roots: Help and Review
- Basic Algebraic Expressions in Math: Help and Review
- Exponents in Math: Help and Review
- Linear Equations & Inequalities in Algebra: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Polynomials in Algebra: Help and Review
- Functions in Math: Help and Review
- Rational Expressions in Algebra: Help and Review
- Sequences and Series in Math: Help and Review
- Exponentials and Logarithms in Math: Help and Review
- Complex Numbers in Math: Help and Review
- Coordinate Geometry Basics: Help and Review
- Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Advanced Coordinate Geometry: Help and Review
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Help and Review
- Overview of Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Probability, Combinations & Permutations: Help and Review
- Working with Data & Statistics: Help and Review
- Logic: Help and Review
- Limits in Math: Help and Review