About This Chapter
Matrices in Math Lesson Plans & Activities - Chapter Summary
Matrices in math are covered thoroughly in the lesson plans, activities and other resources in this informative chapter. Lesson plans on identifying matrices and matrix operations are provided, as well as more detailed information on the properties used to identify matrices and perform matrix row operations.
How It Helps
- Ensures comprehension: This chapter includes video lessons that make even challenging topics, such as matrix row operations and identifying matrices easy for your students to understand.
- Focuses on needs: You'll have confidence knowing that the activities on matrices included here are designed specifically to capture your students' attention.
- Eases planning: Feel free to use these matrices in math resources directly in your curriculum as they are.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning lessons about matrices in math easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for the topics on matrices in math you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your math class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related lessons about matrices in math with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important concepts about matrices in math from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant matrices in math-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Matrix Operations Lesson Plan
This lesson plan introduces the three matrix row operations to students - used both individually and in combination. An activity encourages students to use row operations to derive the identity matrix. Throughout the lesson, discussion questions are presented to build upon students' prior knowledge and extend student learning.
2. How to Perform Matrix Row Operations
Watch this video lesson to learn how easy it is to perform row operations on a matrix. Learn how to perform the three basic operations easily and quickly.
3. Identity Matrix Lesson Plan
Matrices can be a difficult topic for many students. This lesson plan breaks down the concept of identity matrices with an informative text lesson, discussion questions and practice problems, a kinesthetic activity and the opportunity for further practice using an online calculator.
4. Identity Matrix: Definition & Properties
In this lesson, we will learn about the identity matrix, which is a square matrix that has some unique properties. We will discover that a given matrix may have more than one identity matrix.
5. Matrix Activities for High School Math
Matrices are important tools in solving advanced mathematical, scientific, and engineering problems. Use these activities to help students understand how to add, subtract, and multiply matrices, as well as find the determinant and inverse of a matrix.
6. What is a Matrix? - Lesson Plan
This lesson plan offers a guide to introducing matrices and functions within the matrices. Students will actively participate in group activities solving examples. A final quiz will demonstrate student mastery of the concepts.
7. What is a Matrix?
As math gets more and more complicated and there become more and more numbers flying around, it becomes really handy to put all these numbers in a nice organized grid... hello matrices! Learn about what they are and why there are used.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Secondary Math Lesson Plans course