About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the systems of linear equations and inequalities topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Systems of equations
- Systems of linear equations in two variables
- Systems of linear inequalities
- Graphs of systems of linear inequalities
- Linear programming
- Systems of linear equations in three variables
McDougal Littell Algebra 2 is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. What is a System of Equations?
So what happens if we want to compare more than one equation? Welcome to a 'system' of equations! Learn what one is, how to solve them and when they come up in real life.
2. How Do I Use a System of Equations?
There are a few classic algebra word problems, such as the one about two trains traveling at different speeds. In this lesson, you'll learn how to take a word problem and convert it into the system of equations that will allow you to find the answer using either substitution or elimination.
3. How to Solve a System of Linear Equations in Two Variables
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve a system of linear equations in two variables by using the substitution method. Learn how easy it is to use on any linear system in two variables.
4. Solving Problems Involving Systems of Equations
Did you ever encounter a problem where you seem to have lots of information, but still have a couple of critical numbers missing? In this lesson, we'll practice solving word problems that require us to set up systems of equations.
5. How to Solve a Linear System in Three Variables With No or Infinite Solutions
In this video lesson, you will learn to recognize when a linear system has no solution or an infinite number of solutions. You will also learn how to go about solving each of these types of systems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the McDougal Littell Algebra 2: Online Textbook Help course
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 1: Equations and Inequalities
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 2: Linear Equations and Functions
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 4: Matrices and Determinants
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 5: Quadratic Functions
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 6: Polynomials and Polynomial Functions
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 7: Powers, Roots, and Radicals
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 8: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 9: Rational Equations and Functions
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 10: Quadratic Relations and Conic Sections
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 11: Sequences and Series
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 12: Probability and Statistics
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 13: Trigonometric Ratios and Functions
- McDougal Littell Algebra 2 Chapter 14: Trigonometric Graphs, Identities, and Equations