About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the McDougal Littell Geometry Textbook Area of Polygons and Circles chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the area of polygons and circles topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Measuring interior and exterior angles of polygons
- Measuring the area of regular polygons
- Measuring the area of an equilateral triangle
- Measuring the area of a dodecagon
- Finding the perimeter of polygons
- Comparing perimeters and areas of similar figures
- Circular arcs and circles
- Finding the circumference and arc length
- Finding the areas of circles and sectors
- Finding a geometric probability
McDougal Littell Geometry is a registered trademark of McDougal Littell, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Measuring the Area of Regular Polygons: Formula & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn why a regular polygon makes your life easier when it comes to finding the area inside one. Learn the one formula for area that will work for any type of regular polygon.
2. Finding the Perimeter of Polygons
In this video lesson, you will learn the process you need to take to find the perimeter of polygons. You will also learn that there is a shortcut if your polygon is a regular polygon.
3. Circular Arcs and Circles: Definitions and Examples
What is a circle? In this lesson, find out all about the circle and its many parts, including circular arcs and semicircles. Also, discover how a locus works in creating a circle, parallel lines and more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the McDougal Littell Geometry: Online Textbook Help course
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 1: Basics of Geometry
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 2: Reasoning and Proof
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 3: Perpendicular and Parallel Lines
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 4: Congruent Triangles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 5: Properties of Triangles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 6: Quadrilaterals
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 7: Transformations
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 8: Similarity
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 9: Right Triangles and Trigonometry
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 10: Circles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 12: Surface Area and Volume