About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in McDougal Littell Geometry Textbook Quadrilaterals chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the quadrilaterals topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn about:
- Polygons and their properties
- Interior angles of quadrilaterals
- Parallelograms and their properties and proof theorems
- Quadrilaterals as parallelograms
- Parallelograms and their use with coordinate geometry
- Definitions and properties of rectangles, rhombuses and squares
- Special parallelograms and their proofs
- Differences between kites and trapezoids
- Special quadrilaterals and their proofs
- Area calculations for parallelograms, rectangles, rhombuses and trapezoids
- Area calculations for triangles
McDougal Littell Geometry is a registered trademark of McDougal Littell, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Parallelograms: Definition, Properties, and Proof Theorems
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can identify parallelograms. You will see the unique properties that belong to the parallelogram. You will see the special side and angle characteristics needed to prove a certain shape is a parallelogram.
2. What Is a Rhombus? - Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn why rhombuses are a special type of quadrilateral. Also, learn why a rhombus is also a parallelogram. Watch as we explore the sides and angles of a rhombus.
3. Rectangles: Definition, Properties & Construction
Watch this video lesson to learn a bit about rectangles. Learn why rectangles are the building blocks of many homes. Also, learn about the properties that make a rectangle unique from other shapes. Finally, learn how you can draw one.
4. Squares: Definition and Properties
Squares can be found in many places in the real world. Watch this video lesson to see how useful they can be and also to learn how to find the perimeter and area of a square.
5. Kites in Geometry: Definition and Properties
A kite in geometry looks a lot like a kite in the sky! Watch this video lesson to see for yourself. Also, learn about the side and angle properties of kites that make them unique.
6. Trapezoids: Definition and Properties
Watch this video lesson to learn what a trapezoid has to do with a triangle. Also, learn the special words that describe the various parts of a trapezoid. You will also see special types of trapezoids.
7. Measuring the Area of a Parallelogram: Formula & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn the simple formula to find the area of a parallelogram. Learn what measurements you need, how to label your parallelogram, and how to use the formula.
8. Measuring the Area of a Trapezoid
In this video lesson, you will watch and learn how you can find the area of trapezoid. Learn what measurements you need to have on hand as well as the formula that you need to use.
9. Measuring the Area of a Rhombus: Formula & Examples
Did you know that there are three ways to find the area of a rhombus? Watch this video lesson to learn all three of them. See what information you need for each method as well as the steps required for each.
10. Measuring the Area of a Rectangle: Formula & Examples
Look around you, and you see rectangles all over the place. And if you see paint, carpet, or anything that covers a rectangular area, you can be sure that someone has measured the area of the rectangle. Watch this video lesson to learn more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the McDougal Littell Geometry: Online Textbook Help course
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 1: Basics of Geometry
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 2: Reasoning and Proof
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 3: Perpendicular and Parallel Lines
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 4: Congruent Triangles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 5: Properties of Triangles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 7: Transformations
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 8: Similarity
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 9: Right Triangles and Trigonometry
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 10: Circles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 11: Area of Polygons and Circles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 12: Surface Area and Volume