About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify the lessons in the McDougal Littell Geometry Textbook Transformations chapter with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding video lessons within this companion course chapter.
- Watch fun videos that cover the transformations topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Students will learn:
- Basic rigid transformations
- Shifting graphs on a plane
- Identifying isometries
- Naming transformations
- Preserving length and angle measure
- Using rigid motions to transform figures
- Rigid motions and the definition of congruence
- Definition of reflection in geometry
- Reflections in a coordinate plane
- Finding a minimum distance using reflection
- Finding lines of symmetry using reflection
- Definition of rotation
- Rotations and reflections of quadrilaterals and regular polygons
- Rotations in a coordinate plane
- Rotations and rotational symmetry
- Definition of translation in geometry
- Translations in a coordinate plane
- Translations using vectors
- Glide reflections
- Representing transformations as compositions
- Finding the image of a composition and comparing orders of compositions
- Classifying frieze patterns
- Drawing transformed figures
- Identifying sequences of transformations that make one figure into another
McDougal Littell Geometry is a registered trademark of McDougal Littell, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the McDougal Littell Geometry: Online Textbook Help course
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 1: Basics of Geometry
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 2: Reasoning and Proof
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 3: Perpendicular and Parallel Lines
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 4: Congruent Triangles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 5: Properties of Triangles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 6: Quadrilaterals
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 8: Similarity
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 9: Right Triangles and Trigonometry
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 10: Circles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 11: Area of Polygons and Circles
- McDougal Littell Geometry Chapter 12: Surface Area and Volume