About This Chapter
Media Planning & Analysis in Advertising - Chapter Summary
If you love to learn in an online environment and want to enhance your comprehension of media planning and analysis in advertising, you've reached the right place! Explore entertaining lessons you can review as videos or full transcripts via any computer or mobile device. Ensure you have a good grasp of mass media, advertising, consumer buyer behavior and much more! Assess your knowledge with multiple-choice quizzes and a practice chapter exam. Taking these steps will ensure you're able to do the following:
- Discuss the meaning and process of media planning
- Define and identify types and influences of mass media
- List the types of advertising media from which marketing managers can choose when developing a marketing strategy
- Explain the role of social media in business communication
- Identify and describe types of advertising
- Describe the effects of advertising on consumer buyer behavior
1. What is Media Planning? - Definition, Process & Examples
There are so many types of media. Have you ever wondered how a company chooses? This lesson takes you through the process of media planning and looks at some examples.
2. What Is Mass Media? - Definition, Types, Influence & Examples
Mass media is the means used to communicate to the general public. In this lesson, you will learn the different platforms for mass media and the influence that mass media has on society.
3. Advertising Media Choices and Marketing Strategy
There are many different types of advertising media that marketing managers can choose from in order to create a successful marketing strategy. This lesson covers some of those options, including printed media, television and outdoor media.
4. The Role of Social Media in Business Communication
Social media has played a growing role in company's business communication. Numerous affordable advantages create increased sales and customer loyalty through different platforms and word of mouth.
5. Types of Advertising: Institutional and Product Advertising
In this lesson, you'll learn about the different types of advertising and how the correct strategy a firm should take is based on their overall promotional objectives. Why do some companies directly advertise their products while others seem more concerned with their image?
6. Effects of Advertising on Consumer Buying Behavior
How does advertising influence the process of consumer buying behavior? What impact does advertising have on a company's market share, and how does this shape the marketing budget? This lesson describes why advertising is so important - particularly for newer companies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Advertising: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Advertising Management
- Overview of Integrated Marketing Communication
- Market Segmentation
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Target Marketing
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Positioning
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Marketing Objectives
- Creating & Assessing Ad Messages
- Internet Advertising
- Sales Promotion Techniques
- Marcom Tools
- Ethical, Regulatory & Environmental Advertising Issues
- TECEP Advertising Flashcards