About This Chapter
MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature: Media Presentations - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, go over the information about media presentations that you'll be tested on in the MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature test. Watch each engaging video lesson to review techniques for developing and delivering media presentations. The following information will be covered:
- Various forms of media presentations
- The preparation for a media presentation
- Strategies for organizing and designing media presentations
- Audience-centered presentations
- Technology for media presentations
- Graphics and animations in media presentations
- Creating presentations using PowerPoint
In this chapter, you will get a handle on the media presentation topics that may appear on the MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature test. After you've finished the lessons, you will be equipped with the information you need to answer questions about presentations. Try out our multiple-choice quizzes to test yourself using the types of questions that will appear on the exam.
1. Media Presentations: Forms & Purpose
In this lesson you will learn about the various forms of media presentations, as well as thinking about how reportage, storytelling, and interviews can be used in the classroom.
2. Organizing & Developing an Effective Presentation
Preparing a presentation can seem difficult and overwhelming, but it doesn't need to be. In this lesson, we'll introduce the 'A.C.E.' acronym and explain how using it can set you up for a successful experience.
3. Media Presentations: Effective Design & Graphics
In this lesson, you will learn about the relationship between content and design in media presentations. We will also explore some of the ways you can ensure your design styles are effective.
4. Developing an Audience-Centered Presentation
A presenter has to be able to develop an audience-centered presentation to target the wants, needs, motivations and characteristics of the attendees in order for the message to be delivered appropriately.
5. Using Technology to Deliver a Presentation: Pros, Cons & Strategies
In today's wired world, there are many different technology strategies companies can use to deliver a message effectively, from simple slide presentations to live videos. This lesson covers the basics of several popular technologies and addresses the pros and cons of each.
6. Combine Content from Multiple Presentations in PowerPoint
As you create new presentations in PowerPoint, you may want to use slides from existing presentations. This lesson will discuss the benefits of and steps to merging presentations. Also, we will learn how to view multiple presentations at the same time.
7. Media in PowerPoint: How to Adjust, Trim and Modify Media
You can create dynamic slides using media, such as video and audio. This lesson will explain how to adjust the video window size and also how to trim the timing of media clips by using start and stop times.
8. How Many Graphics and Animations Should I Include in My PowerPoint?
In this lesson, we will cover guidelines around the use of images, animations and transitions in your PowerPoint presentations. These functions help to draw attention to key concepts but can also be distracting if not used properly.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature: Practice & Study Guide course
- Media Literacy: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Using Media Responsibly
- Second Language Acquisition Overview
- Factors Impacting Second Language Development
- Reading Development: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Reading Instruction: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Non-literary Texts: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Literary Texts: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Multi-Subject Area Reading: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Effective Listening: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Effective Speaking: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Academic Discussions & Interpersonal Communication
- Standard English Conventions: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Method & Composition: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- The Writing Process: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Expository Writing: MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature
- Argumentative Writing Basics
- Research Writing Basics
- MTLE Middle Level Communication Arts/Literature Flashcards