About This Chapter
Medical Equipment in Veterinary Medicine - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Veterinary medicine utilizes standard and specialized equipment to treat the vast array of animals that may need medical care. This chapter will explore all of the different uses for the different types of medical equipment used in veterinary clinics. Each lesson will detail different aspects of the equipment. Make sure to take the multiple-choice quizzes after each lesson and feel free to contact a knowledgeable instructor with any questions. These lessons will teach you things like:
- What equipment is found in a veterinary hospital?
- Which instruments are used for surgeries?
- How is anesthesia given to patients?
- What is a veterinary exam room like?
- How is a treatment room unique?
|Overview of the Equipment in Veterinary Hospitals||Get the basics on the equipment found in veterinary hospitals.|
|Veterinary Exam Room Instruments & Equipment||Explore the tools used in the exam room.|
|Veterinary Treatment Room Instruments & Equipment||Discover the items used in a treatment room.|
|Major Veterinary Surgical & Anesthesia Suite Equipment & Instruments||Learn about the required equipment for providing anesthesia.|
|Common Veterinary Surgical Instruments||Take a look at the standard equipment of a veterinary clinic.|
1. Overview of the Equipment in Veterinary Hospitals
This lesson will go over some major pieces of equipment found in the reception area of the veterinary hospital and how computer systems should be managed in the clinic.
2. Veterinary Exam Room Instruments & Equipment
This lesson will cover some of the more prominent and important pieces of equipment and instrumentation found in a veterinary hospital's exam room and what they're used for.
3. Veterinary Treatment Room Instruments & Equipment
This lesson will showcase the wide variety of instruments, equipment, and supplies that can be found in a veterinary hospital's treatment room and what they're used for.
4. Major Veterinary Surgical & Anesthesia Suite Equipment & Instruments
This lesson will provide a general overview of the many different pieces of medical equipment that can be found associated with surgery and anesthesia.
5. Common Veterinary Surgical Instruments
This lesson will cover the most common and important surgical instruments you will be exposed to as well as what they are mainly used for during veterinary surgery.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Veterinary Assistant Exam: Prep & Study Guide course
- The Veterinary Medical Team
- Veterinary Ethics & Jurisprudence
- Veterinary Hospital Layout & Purpose
- Working at a Veterinary Hospital
- Occupational Health and Safety in Veterinary Medicine
- Decontamination in a Veterinary Hospital
- Zoonotic Diseases
- Veterinary Office Management
- Veterinary Assistant Exam Flashcards