About This Chapter
MEGA Earth Science: Freshwater Systems - Chapter Summary
This chapter delves into key freshwater systems material, covering all the topics you'll want to have down entering the exam, including:
- The groundwater system
- The effects of rivers and streams on Earth's surface
- Succession within freshwater ecosystems
Take a practice quiz after each lesson to confirm your understanding of the material. The Teacher tabs allow you to submit any questions you have to instructors.
1. Groundwater System: Definition & Geological Role
Surprisingly, most of Earth's liquid freshwater is not where you might think! In this video lesson, you will learn about groundwater, as well as the important roles it plays in sustaining life and shaping Earth.
2. How Rivers and Streams Affect the Earth's Surface
Rivers and streams are powerful, ever-changing systems that can alter the surface of the Earth. While they share many similar features, they can be vastly different. In this lesson, we will learn how rivers and streams form, transport sediment, and flood.
3. Succession in Freshwater and Terrestrial Ecosystems
The world's many freshwater and terrestrial ecosystems are constantly changing. This lesson will discuss how these ecosystems change over time and how they recover after disturbances occur.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Earth Science: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Earth Science: Science & Engineering Practices
- MEGA Earth Science: Human Interactions with Earth Systems
- MEGA Earth Science: Earth's Spheres & Internal Structure
- MEGA Earth Science: Minerals & Rocks
- MEGA Earth Science: Plate Tectonics
- MEGA Earth Science: Measuring Geological Time
- MEGA Earth Science: Energy Resources
- MEGA Earth Science: Processes of Earth's Surface
- MEGA Earth Science: Earth's Hydrosphere
- MEGA Earth Science: Ocean Systems
- MEGA Earth Science: Earth's Atmosphere
- MEGA Earth Science: Weather & Storms
- MEGA Earth Science: Climate
- MEGA Earth Science: Astronomical Objects & Processes
- MEGA Earth Science: Solar System
- MEGA Earth Science: The Sun Moon Earth System
- MEGA Earth Science: Space Exploration
- MEGA Earth Science Flashcards