About This Chapter
MEGA Health: Health Education Programs - Chapter Summary
If you're looking for a fun and easy way to brush up on your knowledge of the topics you can expect to see on the MEGA Health assessment, this chapter is the perfect solution. Review entertaining lessons that offer an in-depth look at health education programs. You will be more than prepared for questions on the assessment asking you to:
- Identify health education and curriculum issues
- Describe social and emotional factors influencing physical education
- Discuss credentials for health care professionals
- Describe the process of developing school health education programs
- List strategies for improving school health education programs
- Explain how to accommodate diverse students in physical education classes
- Describe business/community interactions
- Examine topics and activities for high school health classes
- Describe ways to improve health education program outcomes, and explain how to gather health data
- Analyze laws, policies and ethics of health education programs
Expert instructors present the materials in a fun fashion that keeps you engaged as you get reacquainted with health education programs. Review the lessons as videos or full transcripts in any sequence you'd prefer. Learn even more about lesson topics by clicking on each lesson's vocabulary words and submitting your questions to our experts. Test your knowledge of the materials by taking short quizzes. A chapter exam can also boost your knowledge of the subject area.
1. What is Health Education? - Definition, Topics & Role in Society
What is health education and what do health educators do? What is the history of this interesting field? This lesson defines health education and goes over many of its important facets.
2. Curriculum Issues in Health Education
Proper curriculums are crucial when educating health education students. Many issues and factors play a role in the development of these curriculums, and this lesson goes over some important ones.
3. Social & Emotional Factors Influencing Physical Education
In this lesson, we will define and discuss some of the social and emotional influences on student learning in the physical education setting and look at examples of how these influences can positively or negatively impact success.
4. The Importance of Credentials for Health Care Professionals
What is credentialing? Why bother with credentials? What is checked during a credentialing process in the health care field? This lesson answers these questions!
5. School Health Education Program: Plans & Investigation
This lesson outlines several important steps involved in developing a school health education program, particularly: organization, planning, investigation, and communication.
6. School Health Education: Assessment, Vision & Resources
This lesson covers several steps involved in successfully developing a school health education program. These include assessing the needs of the community, developing a mission statement, and evaluating the program's resources.
7. School Health Education: Curriculum & Professional Development
This lesson will focus on the curriculum-related aspects of developing a school health education program as well as the importance of professional development.
8. Strategies for Improving a School Health Education Program
In this lesson, you're going to learn about a few local and national strategies that can improve a school health education program and thus a student's pertinent learning experience.
9. Accommodating Diverse Students in Physical Education Class
You're going to learn how methods of instruction, activities, rules, and equipment can be altered in order to accommodate students of different cultures, languages, and physical abilities in this lesson.
10. Business & the Community: Partnerships & Interactions
Businesses and communities depend on each other for support to create a flourishing, stable, and profitable society. In this lesson, you will learn about the interdependencies between companies and communities as well as their collaborative partnerships.
11. High School Health Class: Topics and Activities
This exciting lesson will assist you in creating engaging health education lessons for high school students. Read on to learn about potential topics and activities for health education, as well as suggestions for making teaching uncomfortable topics less awkward.
12. Assessing the Efficacy of School Health Programs
Assessing the efficacy of a school health program on a regular basis is a critical component of ensuring that it meets the desired and stated goals in its plan and curriculum. This lesson covers some strategies related to assessing its efficacy.
13. Improving Health Education Program Outcomes
If you find that your school's health education program isn't meeting its stated goals, what can you do? Perhaps the wrong approach to the program is being taken, and this lesson explains what one problem may be.
14. Gathering Health Data: Tools & Examples
Health data is collected through different methods and is used to identify trends. In this lesson, we will learn about how health data is gathered and how it is used.
15. Health Education Programs: Laws, Policies & Ethics
Successful health education programs should result in knowledgeable and skilled health professionals and an informed public. Learn about the standards required for successful health education.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Health: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Health: Overview of the Human Body
- MEGA Health: Human Development & Genetics
- MEGA Health: Childhood Growth & Development
- MEGA Health: Adolescent Growth & Development
- MEGA Health: Adult Growth & Development
- MEGA Health: Illness & Disease
- MEGA Health: Personal Health Promotion
- MEGA Health: Public Health Promotion
- MEGA Health: Principles of Nutritional Health
- MEGA Health: Types & Sources of Nutrients
- MEGA Health: Functions of Nutrients
- MEGA Health: Lifetime Nutrition
- MEGA Health: Healthy Diet Planning
- MEGA Health: Physical Fitness Benefits
- MEGA Health: Emotional & Mental Health
- MEGA Health: Human Relationships & Sexuality
- MEGA Health: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- MEGA Health: Injury Prevention & Safety Strategies
- MEGA Health: Substance Use, Abuse & Dependence
- MEGA Health: Conflict Resolution & Violence Prevention
- MEGA Health: Goal Setting & Decision Making
- MEGA Health: Resources for Health Information
- MEGA Health: Media & Advertising
- MEGA Health: Health Care Systems
- MEGA Health: Environmental Health
- MEGA Health Flashcards