About This Chapter
MEGA Health: Human Relationships & Sexuality - Chapter Summary
Use these lessons to review the major features and functions of human sexual anatomy, as well as relevant theoretical issues. After completing the chapter you will be ready for questions on the test relating to:
- Sexual controversies in society
- The constituents of loving relationships
- Qualities of successful relationships
- Avoiding high-risk sexual partners
- Treating HIV
- Reducing the risk of contracting an STD
Master the material on sexuality and relationships by watching the videos in this chapter. You will find insightful information which can helping you perform well on the test. You will also have access to self-assessment quizzes which can help your measure your knowledge. Then, if you need to review a specific topic, you can use the tags located in the video timeline to take you quickly to the right spot.
1. Human Sexual Anatomy & Physiology: Major Features & Functions
This lesson provides an important overview of the major male and female reproductive structures, functions, and hormones. We'll learn about everything from semen and testosterone to estrogen and the vulva.
2. Theoretical Analyses of Sexuality
The following lesson explores the different views on the place that sexual feelings and attitudes have in our society. A short quiz will follow the lesson to check your understanding.
3. Sexual Controversies in Society: Differing Viewpoints
Views of sexuality differ by person and by culture, which can cause difference in opinion on many sexual controversies. This lesson covers several of those debates, including teen pregnancy, birth control, pornography, and prostitution.
4. Love Relationships: Their Characteristics & How They Develop
Here we look at the development of love. What does it mean to be in a loving relationship? What are the steps that occur in every individual in entering one?
5. Successful Relationships: Characteristics, Development & Maintenance
Be it work, friends, or family, making a relationship work is hard. Creating a solid relationship isn't much easier. This lesson will point out the characteristics of solid relationships and some advice for developing and maintaining them.
6. Avoiding High-Risk Sexual Behaviors
In this lesson, we'll cover what interactions are considered high-risk sexual behaviors. We'll look at some key examples that put people at a greater risk and how they can be avoided.
7. Sexually Transmitted Infections: Types, Transmission, Symptoms & Treatments
This lesson will teach you about three major bacterial and three important viral sexually transmitted diseases, what problems they cause, and how they are treated.
8. Reducing Your Risk for Sexually Transmitted Infections
This lesson will describe for you the many ways by which you can help prevent a terrible STD from affecting your body, including abstinence, mutual monogamy, and more!
9. Treatment Methodologies for HIV
This lesson will delve into the basics of HIV therapy. You will learn about cocktails, protease inhibitors and reverse transcriptase inhibitors, as well as how they work and how they are used.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Health: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Health: Overview of the Human Body
- MEGA Health: Human Development & Genetics
- MEGA Health: Childhood Growth & Development
- MEGA Health: Adolescent Growth & Development
- MEGA Health: Adult Growth & Development
- MEGA Health: Illness & Disease
- MEGA Health: Personal Health Promotion
- MEGA Health: Public Health Promotion
- MEGA Health: Principles of Nutritional Health
- MEGA Health: Types & Sources of Nutrients
- MEGA Health: Functions of Nutrients
- MEGA Health: Lifetime Nutrition
- MEGA Health: Healthy Diet Planning
- MEGA Health: Physical Fitness Benefits
- MEGA Health: Emotional & Mental Health
- MEGA Health: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- MEGA Health: Injury Prevention & Safety Strategies
- MEGA Health: Substance Use, Abuse & Dependence
- MEGA Health: Conflict Resolution & Violence Prevention
- MEGA Health: Goal Setting & Decision Making
- MEGA Health: Resources for Health Information
- MEGA Health: Media & Advertising
- MEGA Health: Health Care Systems
- MEGA Health: Environmental Health
- MEGA Health: Health Education Programs
- MEGA Health Flashcards