About This Chapter
MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts - Chapter Summary
The lessons found in this chapter provide you with the opportunity to reinforce your current knowledge of or learn new facts about marketing concepts. You will study definitions of terms and basic marketing processes. Once you have firmly grasped this material, you should correctly answer relevant questions on the MEGA Marketing exam such as:
- Identifying the four elements of marketing
- Explaining the orientation processes of marketing, sales, production and societal marketing
- Differentiating between sales-oriented and market-oriented companies
- Summarizing types of marketing philosophies
Video lessons use examples and display illustration to make learning the material fun. The accompanying lessons allow you to assess what you have learned in each lesson and provide the ability to recognize which parts you will need to further review before you are prepared for the MEGA Marketing exam.
MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts Chapter Objectives
The Basic Concepts chapter can help lay the groundwork for other chapters in the marketing course by providing an overview of marketing practices and responsibilities. The first domain of the MEGA Marketing exam addresses core marketing principles, with an entire competency area devoted to marketing concepts. This domain represents 36% of the entire exam, which is computer-based and contains 100 multiple choice questions.
Missouri teachers take MEGA exams to demonstrate proficiency in general education as well as specific content areas. The MEGA Marketing exam is administered to secondary school teachers. A passing score of 220 is required for this exam.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation
You will learn the difference between marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientations and how it can affect a company's financial success.
3. Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences
You will learn the different ways an organization can focus their internal strengths. You will understand the five main differences between a sales and market orientation.
4. What is a Marketing Concept? - Definition & Examples
One of the biggest challenges for businesses today is attracting customers and keeping them. They do so through effective marketing. This lesson will identify five different approaches to marketing philosophies and provide examples for each.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Marketing: Communication Methods & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Environments & Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Ethics & Public Relations
- MEGA Marketing: The Business Cycle
- MEGA Marketing: Market System Economics & Politics
- MEGA Marketing: Economic Growth & Indicators
- MEGA Marketing: Business Ownership
- MEGA Marketing: Business Plans
- MEGA Marketing: Functions of Management
- MEGA Marketing: Principles of Financial Management
- MEGA Marketing: Business Calculation Basics
- MEGA Marketing: Interpreting Data & Graphs
- MEGA Marketing: Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Quadratic Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Probability & Statistics for Business
- MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values
- MEGA Marketing: Interest & Purchases
- MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations
- MEGA Marketing: Product Development & Retailing
- MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: The Marketing Mix & Promotional Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Protection Laws
- MEGA Marketing: Selling & Pricing Strategy
- MEGA Marketing: Channel Management
- MEGA Marketing: Segmentation & Product Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: Competitive Advantage
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making
- MEGA Marketing: International Marketplace
- MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications
- MEGA Marketing: Computer Literacy
- MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing
- MEGA Marketing Flashcards