About This Chapter
MEGA Marketing: Business Plans - Chapter Summary
Use the lessons in this chapter to enhance your current knowledge of or learn new facts about business organization practices that have a direct impact on marketing. These lessons convey information about the relationship between a business' goals and objectives and its marketing plans. Once you have established a solid understanding of these concepts, you should have the ability to demonstrate the following that will help you correctly answer questions on the MEGA Marketing exam:
- Explaining why a business plan is important
- Describing the use of goal-setting in business plans
- Identifying the characteristics of an effective mission statement
- Discussing the importance of operational planning in the management process
Easy-to-follow lessons employ examples and illustrations to support the narrative text, making the material fun and engaging. Self-assessment quizzes help you determine your proficiency in this area and your readiness in taking the MEGA Marketing exam.
MEGA Marketing: Business Plans - Chapter Objectives
The Business Plans chapter allows you to reinforce your understanding of general business and management practices that impact effective marketing plans. You will find questions about these topics in the understanding core concepts of business and entrepreneurship area of the first domain of the MEGA Marketing exam, which addresses core marketing principles. This domain accounts for 36% of the entire computer-based exam, which consists of 100 multiple-choice questions.
MEGA exams are teacher certification exams used in the state of Missouri to measure the instructional capabilities and knowledge of pre-K- 12 educators in specific content areas. The Marketing exam is administered to secondary school teachers seeking certification in this content area. A score of 220 is required to pass this exam.
1. How to Write a Business Plan
Staring a new business can be both exhilarating and intimidating. As with most things in life, having a plan tends to lead to better outcomes. In this lesson, you'll learn the basics of writing a business plan for a new start-up.
2. Why Are Business Plans Important?
In this lesson, we'll define a business plan, talk about why a business plan is important, and explore its major components. We'll also discuss what information is useful to external and internal users.
3. What Are Business Goals? - Definition & Examples
Goals are used to help a business grow and achieve its objectives. They can be used to foster teamwork and help the business describe what it wants to accomplish. Setting goals is an important part of any business plan.
4. Business Plans: How to Develop a Business Mission Statement
Companies must develop an effective business mission statement in order to have an effective foundation for their marketing plan. This lesson explains what a mission statement is and the characteristics of a good business mission statement.
5. What Are Operational Plans for a Business? - Definition, Types & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about the purposes and content of operational plans. We also will define their place within the overall management planning process.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts
- MEGA Marketing: Communication Methods & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Environments & Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Ethics & Public Relations
- MEGA Marketing: The Business Cycle
- MEGA Marketing: Market System Economics & Politics
- MEGA Marketing: Economic Growth & Indicators
- MEGA Marketing: Business Ownership
- MEGA Marketing: Functions of Management
- MEGA Marketing: Principles of Financial Management
- MEGA Marketing: Business Calculation Basics
- MEGA Marketing: Interpreting Data & Graphs
- MEGA Marketing: Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Quadratic Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Probability & Statistics for Business
- MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values
- MEGA Marketing: Interest & Purchases
- MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations
- MEGA Marketing: Product Development & Retailing
- MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: The Marketing Mix & Promotional Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Protection Laws
- MEGA Marketing: Selling & Pricing Strategy
- MEGA Marketing: Channel Management
- MEGA Marketing: Segmentation & Product Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: Competitive Advantage
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making
- MEGA Marketing: International Marketplace
- MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications
- MEGA Marketing: Computer Literacy
- MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing
- MEGA Marketing Flashcards