About This Chapter
MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter are designed to enhance your knowledge of or help you learn new facts about marketing career development and options. You will study everything from resume preparation to interviewing methods. Once you have firmly grasped the concepts discussed in these lessons, you should be proficient with the following skills tested by the MEGA Marketing exam:
- Understanding the education needed for various careers in marketing
- Listing the types of marketing careers available, including online/social media, traditional and marketing research
- Discussing careers in public relations
- Examining types of career assessments and personality career assessments
- Developing a resume and cover letter
- Preparing for a job interview
- Relating how to avoid job interview mistakes
Video lessons are easy to follow and are supported by examples and illustrations that make the learning experience fun and engaging. You can test what you've learned using the self-assessment quizzes found at the end of each lesson.
MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing - Chapter Objectives
The Careers in Marketing chapter provides you with the opportunity to review topics relating to educational needs, job search techniques and the types of positions available for those seeking employment in the marketing field. These types of questions are found in the third domain of the MEGA Marketing exam, which covers global marketing and research topics. This domain accounts for 28% of the entire test. The Marketing exam is computer-administered and contains 100 multiple choice questions.
MEGA exams are certification exams used in the state of Missouri to measure the instructional capabilities of pre-K to 12th grade teachers in specific content areas. Registration for MEGA exams is completed online through the MEGA website.
1. Degree & Career Options in Marketing
Are you considering a marketing career but are not sure what marketing entails? This lesson offers insight into the type of education available and the career options that exist in marketing.
2. Types of Social Media & Online Marketing Careers
Do you like using social media? Would you like to spend your workday at home in your pajamas? Then a career in social media or online marketing may be a good fit for you. In this lesson, we'll explore some career options.
3. Marketing Career Opportunities
Behind every glossy magazine ad and catchy television commercial jingle, there's a marketer working hard to grab your attention. Learn more about this lucrative career field and the wide range of jobs available.
4. Overview of Public Relations Careers & Related Skills
In this lesson, we'll define public relations. You'll learn about the roles and responsibilities of four public relations careers as well as the educational requirements, skills, and experience needed to obtain a job in the industry.
5. Career Assessments: Types & Benefits
There are many career choices out there. How do you decide which one is right for you? In this lesson, we'll examine the different types of career assessments and how they can help you choose the best career.
6. How Can an Interest Career Assessment Help You Choose a Career?
How can you find the right career for you? One thing that many people do is to consider their interests and how that can lead to a career. Watch this lesson to find out more about interest inventories and how they can help you find a suitable career.
7. How Can a Personality Career Assessment Help You Choose A Career?
What does your personality have to do with your career? And how can a 19th-century psychiatrist help you pick out your dream occupation? Watch this lesson to find out more about Carl Jung's career types and personality career assessments.
8. How to Create a Great Resume and Cover Letter
The first impression that a company has of you is your resume and cover letter. But how can you make them stand out from the crowd? Watch this lesson for tips on how to create a winning resume and cover letter.
9. Tailoring the Content of Your Resume for a Job
A job applicant should be knowledgeable of how to tailor the content of their resume for a specific job. A custom, detailed, directed resume offers the best chance of acquiring an interview.
10. How to Avoid Common Job Application Mistakes
Applying for jobs can be a stressful time but knowing the common mistakes that people make during the application process can help lessen the stress. In this lesson, we'll look at common mistakes people make before and during a job interview.
11. How to Prepare For Your Job Interview
The job interview is an important part of the job application process. How can you make sure that you do your best? In this lesson, we'll examine ways to prepare for a job interview, including what to do before, during, and after the interview.
12. How to Avoid Job Interview Pitfalls
The job interview is an important moment for many people. But many people make mistakes that could cost them the job. In this lesson, we'll examine some common interview pitfalls and what you can do to avoid them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts
- MEGA Marketing: Communication Methods & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Environments & Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Ethics & Public Relations
- MEGA Marketing: The Business Cycle
- MEGA Marketing: Market System Economics & Politics
- MEGA Marketing: Economic Growth & Indicators
- MEGA Marketing: Business Ownership
- MEGA Marketing: Business Plans
- MEGA Marketing: Functions of Management
- MEGA Marketing: Principles of Financial Management
- MEGA Marketing: Business Calculation Basics
- MEGA Marketing: Interpreting Data & Graphs
- MEGA Marketing: Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Quadratic Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Probability & Statistics for Business
- MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values
- MEGA Marketing: Interest & Purchases
- MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations
- MEGA Marketing: Product Development & Retailing
- MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: The Marketing Mix & Promotional Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Protection Laws
- MEGA Marketing: Selling & Pricing Strategy
- MEGA Marketing: Channel Management
- MEGA Marketing: Segmentation & Product Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: Competitive Advantage
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making
- MEGA Marketing: International Marketplace
- MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications
- MEGA Marketing: Computer Literacy
- MEGA Marketing Flashcards