About This Chapter
MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making - Chapter Summary
Watch these lesson videos to review the different factors that affect consumer behavior and the theories used to explain consumer behavior. Each lesson video is taught by one of our expert instructors and is mobile device compatible so that you may have an effective and versatile way to review:
- The processes of consumer decision making
- Effects of brand familiarity and advertising on consumer behavior
- Use of consumer behavior theory in marketing strategies
- Role of consumer psychology in understanding consumer behavior
- Different types of consumer buying decisions
- Brand recognition and brand preference
- Brand repositioning and how companies can reposition them selves in a market
- Customer integration in marketing operations
In addition to watching these lesson videos, reinforce your retention of the material presented in these lessons by reading the lesson transcripts. To see how well you retained the information from these lessons, take the lesson quizzes that accompany them. Then use the video tags from your quiz results to return to and study the sections of the lessons that discuss the topics you don't understand.
MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making Objectives
One of the exams used to certify future Missouri high school marketing teachers is the Missouri Education Gateway Assessments (MEGA) Marketing exam. Individuals who take this computer-based exam are asked to complete 100 multiple-choice questions in a two-hour testing session. Of the topics you will see on this exam, 36% will belong to the content domain of Core Marketing Principles, which may include some questions on customer behavior.
1. Understanding the Consumer Decision-Making Process: A Marketing Must
In this lesson, you'll see how a consumer moves through a decision making process in order to purchase a product or service. Learn what methods marketers use to take advantage of this process.
2. Effects of Advertising on Consumer Buying Behavior
How does advertising influence the process of consumer buying behavior? What impact does advertising have on a company's market share, and how does this shape the marketing budget? This lesson describes why advertising is so important - particularly for newer companies.
3. Consumer Behavior Theory and Marketing Strategy
Watch this lesson to find out how marketers can use predictions about our behavior to create a strategy that helps them reach out to us and influence our decisions to buy.
4. Consumer Psychology and the Purchase Process
Basic psychology concepts like learning, memory and conditioning can play a big role in dictating what we decide to buy. Watch this video to see how they work together.
5. Brand Familiarity and the Purchase Process
The brand of a product is like its personality. In this lesson, we'll discuss the different levels of brand familiarity and how they can impact the decision making process.
6. Cognitive Dissonance & Post-Purchase Process
Have you ever second-guessed a major purchase? Watch this video to understand what cognitive dissonance is and how marketers can keep us from experiencing it.
7. Buying Behavior and Marketing: Types of Consumer Buying Decisions
Marketers must consider how consumers decide to buy their product. Consumers use nominal, limited, and extended decision making. Watch this video to learn more about the different types of consumer decisions.
8. Brand Preference: Definition & Explanation
In this lesson, we'll be looking at brand preference, which is when we choose to use a specific company's product or service over other equal choices. Test your knowledge after the lesson with a quiz.
9. Brand Recognition in Marketing: Definition & Explanation
Brand recognition is a major goal of marketing. In this lesson, you'll learn about what brand recognition is and some of its related concepts. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson to reinforce your knowledge.
10. Brand Repositioning: Definition, Strategies & Examples
Is your company stuck in a rut? Are sales declining? It may be time for a change - a big change. This lesson reviews strategies a company can use to reposition itself in the marketplace and how to successfully implement them.
11. Influences on Consumer Buying Decisions: Cultures, Values & More
External influences are all around us and play a large role in our buying decisions. Watch this video to see how cultures, values and other influences shape our purchases.
12. Customer Integration: Definition & Overview
This lesson discusses customer integration as a method of reducing human resource costs, and simplifying the distribution process for both the business and the customer.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts
- MEGA Marketing: Communication Methods & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Environments & Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Ethics & Public Relations
- MEGA Marketing: The Business Cycle
- MEGA Marketing: Market System Economics & Politics
- MEGA Marketing: Economic Growth & Indicators
- MEGA Marketing: Business Ownership
- MEGA Marketing: Business Plans
- MEGA Marketing: Functions of Management
- MEGA Marketing: Principles of Financial Management
- MEGA Marketing: Business Calculation Basics
- MEGA Marketing: Interpreting Data & Graphs
- MEGA Marketing: Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Quadratic Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Probability & Statistics for Business
- MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values
- MEGA Marketing: Interest & Purchases
- MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations
- MEGA Marketing: Product Development & Retailing
- MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: The Marketing Mix & Promotional Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Protection Laws
- MEGA Marketing: Selling & Pricing Strategy
- MEGA Marketing: Channel Management
- MEGA Marketing: Segmentation & Product Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: Competitive Advantage
- MEGA Marketing: International Marketplace
- MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications
- MEGA Marketing: Computer Literacy
- MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing
- MEGA Marketing Flashcards