About This Chapter
MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values - Chapter Summary
Strengthen your level of expertise in general business by viewing these short video lessons on how to calculate and report depreciation and salvage values. The lessons cover the following material:
- How to calculate depreciation
- Calculating depreciation for tax purposes
- How to report depreciation on the balance sheet
- Calculating accelerated depreciation for large-ticket items
These quick, brightly written and engagingly presented videos form the foundation for a comprehensive refresher course. Lesson quizzes and chapter tests help you check for memory and understanding, while ready access to instructors and subject matter experts makes finding extra assistance easy and convenient.
MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values Chapter Objectives
Teachers seeking certification or a teaching endorsement in marketing must pass the MEGA marketing exam. The test consists of 100 multiple-choice questions and is entirely computer-based. The lessons in our Depreciation & Salvage Values address the competencies under Domain II: Marketing Functions. This domain comprises 36% of the overall score.
1. Methods of Depreciation
After watching this video lesson, you will understand the differences between the different depreciation methods that are available to you. We will discuss three different methods depending on how you use the equipment that you want to calculate the depreciation for.
2. Partial-Year Depreciation & Changes in Estimates
This video lesson will teach you about depreciation calculations for taxes and how to calculate partial-year depreciation for large items that you own for just part of the year. Learn how changes in estimates may affect these calculations.
3. Reporting Depreciation on the Balance Sheet
In this video lesson, we talk about how to report depreciation on the balance sheet versus the income statement. Learn why the numbers may be different.
4. Accelerated Depreciation Methods
When it comes to calculating depreciation amounts for large office equipment or vehicles, there are two common methods that allow you to calculate more depreciation in the first few years of the product's life. Learn about them in this video lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts
- MEGA Marketing: Communication Methods & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Environments & Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Ethics & Public Relations
- MEGA Marketing: The Business Cycle
- MEGA Marketing: Market System Economics & Politics
- MEGA Marketing: Economic Growth & Indicators
- MEGA Marketing: Business Ownership
- MEGA Marketing: Business Plans
- MEGA Marketing: Functions of Management
- MEGA Marketing: Principles of Financial Management
- MEGA Marketing: Business Calculation Basics
- MEGA Marketing: Interpreting Data & Graphs
- MEGA Marketing: Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Quadratic Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Probability & Statistics for Business
- MEGA Marketing: Interest & Purchases
- MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations
- MEGA Marketing: Product Development & Retailing
- MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: The Marketing Mix & Promotional Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Protection Laws
- MEGA Marketing: Selling & Pricing Strategy
- MEGA Marketing: Channel Management
- MEGA Marketing: Segmentation & Product Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: Competitive Advantage
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making
- MEGA Marketing: International Marketplace
- MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications
- MEGA Marketing: Computer Literacy
- MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing
- MEGA Marketing Flashcards