About This Chapter
MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations - Chapter Summary
All of the lessons were put together to help you examine different financial analysis calculations. You can also further your knowledge of:
- Present and future value
- Calculating the present value of an annuity
- Finding the value of an annuity
- Financial ratio calculation
- Preferred stock
- Percent of change
- Understand the performance of bonds
All of these marketing and financial topics are going to be covered on the exam, so it behooves you to review all of the lessons in this chapter. When you do, go ahead and utilize the quizzes. They are available upon demand, and they will help you quickly assess your knowledge.
MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations Chapter Objectives
The MEGA Marketing exam is used to help you receive certification as a teacher of Marketing in Missouri. There are going to be multiple-choice questions on the exam, and you will have to retrieve all of the financial information you gained from this chapter. The materials in this chapter are part of the core marketing principles section of the exam, which makes up 36% of the entire test.
1. Present and Future Value: Calculating the Time Value of Money
A central concept in business and finance is the time value of money. We will use easy to follow examples and calculate the present and future value of both sums of money and annuities.
2. How to Find the Value of an Annuity
Want to see how much money you will have in the future if you make a set payment every month towards your annuity? Then watch this video lesson for the formula and how to use it.
3. How to Calculate the Present Value of an Annuity
After watching this video lesson, you should know how to calculate how much an annuity is worth at any given time. Learn how to use the formula to calculate the current worth of an annuity that you may have.
4. Financial Ratio Calculation and Analysis
After watching this video lesson, you will understand how financial ratios are calculated. You will also understand where they come from and how to read them.
5. Stocks: Understanding Investment Performance
Many large companies around the world are owned by the public in the form of stocks. Watch this video lesson to learn how stockholders earn money when the company does well.
6. Preferred Stock: Understanding Investment Performance
After watching this video lesson, you will understand the differences between preferred stocks and regular stocks. You'll also learn how to calculate your dividends and earnings on your stocks when you sell them.
7. Bonds: Understanding Investment Performance
In this video lesson, you will learn how to calculate the worth of a bond over time. Learn how interest payments are calculated. See just how much money can be earned from keeping a bond over time.
8. Percent of Change: Definition, Formula & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what percent of change is and discover the formula to determine percent of change. You'll also see the formula in action in a few examples. Then, you can test your new knowledge with a brief quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts
- MEGA Marketing: Communication Methods & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Environments & Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Ethics & Public Relations
- MEGA Marketing: The Business Cycle
- MEGA Marketing: Market System Economics & Politics
- MEGA Marketing: Economic Growth & Indicators
- MEGA Marketing: Business Ownership
- MEGA Marketing: Business Plans
- MEGA Marketing: Functions of Management
- MEGA Marketing: Principles of Financial Management
- MEGA Marketing: Business Calculation Basics
- MEGA Marketing: Interpreting Data & Graphs
- MEGA Marketing: Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Quadratic Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Probability & Statistics for Business
- MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values
- MEGA Marketing: Interest & Purchases
- MEGA Marketing: Product Development & Retailing
- MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: The Marketing Mix & Promotional Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Protection Laws
- MEGA Marketing: Selling & Pricing Strategy
- MEGA Marketing: Channel Management
- MEGA Marketing: Segmentation & Product Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: Competitive Advantage
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making
- MEGA Marketing: International Marketplace
- MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications
- MEGA Marketing: Computer Literacy
- MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing
- MEGA Marketing Flashcards