About This Chapter
MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications - Chapter Summary
You will be able to identify and review different forms of data applications by looking through this chapter. The following topics will also be addressed:
- The definition and purpose of market research
- Business marketing
- Establishing a market research project
- Primary and secondary data
- Business buyers
- Ethical research
- Using technology to identify a target market
- Observational research
Featuring a video format, these marketing-related lessons will help you review material that you will see on the exam. They are interactive, and you can browse through them whenever you want.
MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications Chapter Objectives
The purpose of the MEGA Marketing exam is to help you assess your knowledge of different marketing topics, so you can receive certification to teach the subject in Missouri. You will find the materials discussed in this chapter included on the global marketing and research portion of the exam, which comprises 28% of the entire test. All of the questions on the exam are multiple-choice. Using our resources, you can pick up strategies for solving problems that are going to be on the exam.
1. Market Research: Definition, Analysis & Methodology
Conducting a successful business is too complicated and costly to just wing it. In this lesson, you'll learn about market research and the six steps that are involved in it.
2. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
3. How to Establish a Marketing Research Project
Most consumers don't realize how much behind-the-scenes research and analysis goes into the marketing of a product. With millions of dollars at stake, marketers must use information available to formulate a key marketing plan, decision or change in strategy.
4. Business Marketing: Producers, Resellers, Governments & Institutions
In this lesson, you will learn about the four different business markets and what makes them different from each other. You will learn how each business market typically buys goods and services and why it is important for marketers to be able to distinguish between these types of markets.
5. Business Buyers: New Buy, Modified Rebuy, Straight Rebuy
A business-to-business sales situation has numerous key differences from a business-to-consumer situation. Marketing managers must understand how a basic buying center works and the different types of rebuy situations.
6. What Is Primary Data in Marketing Research? - Definition, Sources & Collection
If you ever received a call to participate in a survey, you were part of primary data collection. In this lesson, you'll learn what primary data is. You'll also explore sources of primary data and the collection of it. A short quiz follows.
7. Secondary Data in Marketing Research: Definition, Sources & Collection
Marketing research requires data, and secondary data is often the most convenient and cost-effective option. In this lesson, you'll learn about secondary data, including its sources and how to collect it.
8. Using Digital Tools to Identify a Target Market
Marketers have an array of digital tools that can be used to identify a target audience for product marketing and segmentation. In this lesson, you'll learn about a few of those tools and how they can make your marketing efforts more successful.
9. Observational Research in Marketing: Definition, Methods & Techniques
This lesson discusses observational research, how it is conducted, and how it can be utilized to gather qualitative market information. After completing the lesson, take the short quiz to see what you have learned.
10. Ethical Research: Maintaining Privacy, Anonymity & Confidentiality
When performing research, there are certain expectations that a researcher must follow to protect their subjects. We will explore a few of the different ways that a subject's responses are kept from being used against them.
11. Business Strategies for Influencing Congress & Regulatory Agencies
In this lesson, you will learn business' strategies for influencing Congress and regulatory agencies are campaign contributions, lobbying and grassroots lobbying.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts
- MEGA Marketing: Communication Methods & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Environments & Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Ethics & Public Relations
- MEGA Marketing: The Business Cycle
- MEGA Marketing: Market System Economics & Politics
- MEGA Marketing: Economic Growth & Indicators
- MEGA Marketing: Business Ownership
- MEGA Marketing: Business Plans
- MEGA Marketing: Functions of Management
- MEGA Marketing: Principles of Financial Management
- MEGA Marketing: Business Calculation Basics
- MEGA Marketing: Interpreting Data & Graphs
- MEGA Marketing: Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Quadratic Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Probability & Statistics for Business
- MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values
- MEGA Marketing: Interest & Purchases
- MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations
- MEGA Marketing: Product Development & Retailing
- MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: The Marketing Mix & Promotional Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Protection Laws
- MEGA Marketing: Selling & Pricing Strategy
- MEGA Marketing: Channel Management
- MEGA Marketing: Segmentation & Product Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: Competitive Advantage
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making
- MEGA Marketing: International Marketplace
- MEGA Marketing: Computer Literacy
- MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing
- MEGA Marketing Flashcards