About This Chapter
MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing - Chapter Summary
The lessons comprising this chapter provide you with the opportunity to review or learn more about strategies used to market services versus those used to market goods or products. Once you have a thorough understanding of these concepts, you will be able to display the following abilities when taking the MEGA Marketing exam:
- Defining a service business
- Providing examples of service businesses
- Explaining customer service and its role in marketing
- Presenting strategies for marketing a service
- Detailing the concept of full service
Instructors provide detailed explanations using simple language and examples to help you prepare for the MEGA Marketing exam. You can gauge what you've learned from the lessons by taking the accompanying quizzes, which use the same multiple-choice format you will encounter on the actual exam.
MEGA Marketing: Services Marketing - Chapter Objectives
The MEGA Marketing exam measures your comprehension of core marketing and overall business functions and principles. This Services Marketing chapter allows you to gain a deeper understanding of specific marketing techniques used in the promotion of services. Questions relating to this type of marketing are found in the Marketing Functions domain of the MEGA Marketing exam. This domain reflects 36% of the entire exam, which is computer-administered and contains 100 multiple-choice questions.
MEGA exams are generally content assessment exams administered to elementary, middle and high school educators seeking certification in the state of Missouri. The Marketing exam is given to high school teachers only and requires a minimum score of 220.
1. What Is a Service Business?
In this lesson, you will learn what a service business is and begin to recognize the importance of great customer service to their success. You will also find out why service businesses are so popular and explore ways in which they play an important part in your life.
2. What Is Customer Service? - Definition, Types & Role in Marketing
Customer service is the act of taking care of the customer's needs by providing and delivering professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer's requirements are met.
3. Services Marketing: The Difference Between Services and Goods
In this lesson, you'll learn the difference between a service and a good. Discover how services are marketed to a consumer using different techniques.
4. What Is Full Service? - Definition & Overview
Depending on the business in question, the term 'full service' could mean a number of different things. In this lesson, we will outline what full service generally entails and provide examples of industries in which full service options may be found.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Marketing: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Marketing: Basic Concepts
- MEGA Marketing: Communication Methods & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Environments & Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Ethics & Public Relations
- MEGA Marketing: The Business Cycle
- MEGA Marketing: Market System Economics & Politics
- MEGA Marketing: Economic Growth & Indicators
- MEGA Marketing: Business Ownership
- MEGA Marketing: Business Plans
- MEGA Marketing: Functions of Management
- MEGA Marketing: Principles of Financial Management
- MEGA Marketing: Business Calculation Basics
- MEGA Marketing: Interpreting Data & Graphs
- MEGA Marketing: Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Quadratic Equations & Functions
- MEGA Marketing: Probability & Statistics for Business
- MEGA Marketing: Depreciation & Salvage Values
- MEGA Marketing: Interest & Purchases
- MEGA Marketing: Financial Analysis Calculations
- MEGA Marketing: Product Development & Retailing
- MEGA Marketing: The Marketing Mix & Promotional Strategies
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Protection Laws
- MEGA Marketing: Selling & Pricing Strategy
- MEGA Marketing: Channel Management
- MEGA Marketing: Segmentation & Product Marketing
- MEGA Marketing: Competitive Advantage
- MEGA Marketing: Consumer Decision Making
- MEGA Marketing: International Marketplace
- MEGA Marketing: Research & Data Applications
- MEGA Marketing: Computer Literacy
- MEGA Marketing: Careers in Marketing
- MEGA Marketing Flashcards