About This Chapter
MEGA Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology - Chapter Summary
The video lessons and self-assessment quizzes in this chapter will make sure you're well-acquainted with the basics of anatomy and physiology. Once you reach the end of the chapter, you should be all set for any MEGA Physical Education test items on the following:
- The skeletal system
- The muscular system
- Parts of the human circulatory system
- The nervous system
- The digestive system
- Interactions between systems
This chapter's short videos present the lessons' topics to you in an engaging manner. Once you finish a lesson, you have the option to either take a quiz or go straight to the next video. The chapter exam will test you on everything you review in the lessons. You will find that the questions throughout the chapter have the same format as the ones you will encounter on the MEGA Physical Education test.
1. Skeletal System and Muscular System
Do you know how many bones are in the human body? Check out this video lesson to uncover the answer, as well as understand the role and importance of the skeletal and muscular systems.
2. The Human Circulatory System: Parts and Functions
In this lesson, you will take a ride on the transportation system of the body called the circulatory system and its two parts: the pulmonary circuit and the systemic circuit. Take a look inside and see how every inch of your body receives the oxygen and nutrients it needs.
3. Gas Exchange in the Human Respiratory System
Did you know that the average human lung has a respiratory surface area that is roughly the same size as half of a tennis court? Believe it or not, that's how much surface area an active, healthy human needs to ensure that the body gets plenty of oxygen.
4. Nervous System Overview: Central & Peripheral
What happens in your nervous system when you react to stimuli? Did you know that the brain is sometimes uninvolved with reflexes? Find out the answer to these questions, and more, in this lesson on the human nervous system.
5. Digestive System I: The Upper Gastrointestinal Tract
Did you know that there are digestive enzymes in your saliva? It's true. As soon as you put a piece of food in your mouth, the digestive process begins. Join us with this first of two lessons about the human digestive system, where we'll follow food through the upper gastrointestinal tract from the mouth through the stomach.
6. Digestive System II: The Lower Gastrointestinal Tract
The lower gastrointestinal tract is the part of the digestive system that is responsible for the last part of food digestion and the expulsion of waste from the body. In this lesson, we'll look at each part of the system and what functions each serves in the process of digestion.
7. Interaction Among Body Systems & Movement
In this lesson we discuss how body systems interact to create movement. We explain how the eleven body systems are indeed interdependent and interconnected and how they actually work together in unison.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Physical Education: Motor Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Movement
- MEGA Physical Education: Individual & Team Sports
- MEGA Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MEGA Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MEGA Physical Education: Body Composition
- MEGA Physical Education: Fitness Goals
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Growth & Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Social & Behavioral Theories
- MEGA Physical Education: Benefits for Schools & Students
- MEGA Physical Education: Classroom Management
- MEGA Physical Education: Diversity in the Classroom
- MEGA Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MEGA Physical Education: Assessment Techniques
- MEGA Physical Education Flashcards