About This Chapter
MEGA Physical Education: Classroom Management - Chapter Summary
An essential element in effective teaching is being able to properly manage your classroom to create an environment of learning and encourage respect and safety. This classroom management chapter reviews the tools needed for efficient classroom performance, including:
- Developing student-centered physical education programs
- Using communication effectively
- Teaching for different learning styles
- Encouraging student motivation
Once you have an effective classroom management system in place, true learning and respect can begin. Devise which strategies are most effective in physical education programs by reviewing the information covered in this chapter. Practice what you've learned by taking the brief lesson quizzes and chapter exam and assess if any areas need further review so you can be completely prepared for this portion of the MEGA Physical Education exam.
MEGA Physical Education: Classroom Management Chapter Objectives
The Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) for Physical Education exam is used to measure an educator's competency in the subject of physical education and curriculum teaching methods. It is a computer-based test consisting of 100 multiple-choice questions with a two-hour time allotment. There are three domains covering the range of teaching competencies expected of educators in this teaching field. Classroom management falls under the third domain, The Foundations of Physical Education, which comprises 30% of the total exam questions. The material covered in this study guide chapter provides you with effective classroom management strategies that cover the information you need to know for this part of the exam and for implementation in your classroom.
1. Student-Centered Physical Education Programs
In this lesson, you'll learn about the concept of student-centered learning and how it applies to physical education. You'll also learn about the goals of, and potential issues with, this approach.
2. Effective Communication in Physical Education Programs
In this lesson, we'll define effective communication techniques that demonstrate sensitivity to student differences, encourage student communication, and foster engagement in the physical education environment.
3. Addressing Different Learning Styles in PE Programs
Each student is unique and deserves the opportunity to approach learning in his or her own way. This lesson discusses appropriate physical education strategies and resources that address diverse learning styles.
4. Motivating Students in Physical Education Programs
Do your students seem to get bored easily in P.E. class? Well, here you'll learn that there are many ways by which you can motivate students in physical education class, ranging from how you phrase feedback to the learning environment you create for them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Physical Education: Motor Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Movement
- MEGA Physical Education: Individual & Team Sports
- MEGA Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MEGA Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MEGA Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MEGA Physical Education: Body Composition
- MEGA Physical Education: Fitness Goals
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Growth & Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Social & Behavioral Theories
- MEGA Physical Education: Benefits for Schools & Students
- MEGA Physical Education: Diversity in the Classroom
- MEGA Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MEGA Physical Education: Assessment Techniques
- MEGA Physical Education Flashcards