About This Chapter
MEGA Physical Education: Fitness Goals - Chapter Summary
This chapter is comprised of lessons focused on the planning and execution of personal fitness goals, hitting on all the related material you'll want to be familiar with when entering the MEGA Physical Education exam. Topics detailed include:
- Designing and carrying out personal fitness plans
- Fitness assessments
- Establishing and keeping tabs on fitness goals
- Setting fitness goals at various ages
You'll have the chance to check your comprehension of each of these topics before you take the exam through the practice quizzes located at the end of every lesson, which you can take and re-take as many times as you want. For offline practice, these quizzes are also available to be printed as worksheets.
1. Designing & Implementing Individualized Fitness Plans
In this lesson, you will learn ways to design and implement individualized fitness plans. You will learn how to initially check your fitness level, preview a sample plan, and set goals and stick with them as you become healthier.
2. Using Fitness Assessments to Set Health Goals
Everybody wants to get healthier, so let's learn how to use fitness assessments to set your health goals. We'll look at an actual list of popular tests and techniques and we'll discuss how to interpret the tests so you can reach your health goals.
3. How to Establish & Monitor Fitness Goals
Confused about how to establish, monitor, and achieve your fitness and nutrition goals? This lesson explains how to use the SMART approach to successfully manage these important objectives.
4. Setting Physical Fitness Goals at Different Ages
Physical fitness plays a crucial role throughout life. From young to old, the state of our physical fitness determines the quality of our lives. Maintaining proper physical fitness at every stage of life can be accomplished by setting fitness goals.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Physical Education: Motor Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Movement
- MEGA Physical Education: Individual & Team Sports
- MEGA Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MEGA Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MEGA Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MEGA Physical Education: Body Composition
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Growth & Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Social & Behavioral Theories
- MEGA Physical Education: Benefits for Schools & Students
- MEGA Physical Education: Classroom Management
- MEGA Physical Education: Diversity in the Classroom
- MEGA Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MEGA Physical Education: Assessment Techniques
- MEGA Physical Education Flashcards