About This Chapter
MEGA Physical Education: Human Movement - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter are meant to aid in the preparation process regarding fundamental concepts of movement and physicality. Reviewing these lessons helps you prepare for questions on the MEGA Physical Education exam that relate to:
- Principles of biomechanics and kinesiology
- Locomotor and non-locomotor skills
- Object control skills
- Developing correct posture
- Developing movement skills
Use the video lessons, which are short, to identify different types of movement skills. Doing this helps you get ready for content on the exam. See what type of information you gained from this chapter by using the lesson quizzes. In order to stay organized, be sure to use the Dashboard. It will help you track your progress along the way.
1. Fundamental Concepts of Movement & Physicality
What are the fundamental movement skills? Why are they useful? Can movement based instruction help with other skills? These are some of the ideas we will be discussing in this lesson.
2. Principles of Biomechanics & Kinesiology Related to Motor Skills & Movement Patterns
In this lesson, we review how biomechanics and kinesiology relate to both motor skills and movement patterns. We also discuss some of the basic principles of each and how they relate to human movement, the brain, muscles, and the body.
3. What Are Locomotor Skills? - Definition, Instruction & Examples
We are about to get a move on, literally! This lesson describes the difference between locomotor and non-locomotor skills and explains the vital role each plays in the development of a child's physical abilities.
4. What Are Non-locomotor Skills? - Definition & Characteristics
There are three fundamental body movement skills typically taught in elementary physical education. They are locomotor, non-locomotor, and manipulative skills. This lesson defines and explains non-locomotor skills.
5. Object Control Skills: Characteristics & Critical Elements
In this lesson we will review object control skills and manipulative skills. We will identify specific characteristics and crucial elements of the skills, as well.
6. Strategies for Developing Correct Posture
In this lesson we will discuss the components of developing correct posture. We will explore the different ways to improve posture and how correct posture can lead to a healthier lifestyle.
7. Developing Movement Skills: Principles & Activities
In this lesson, we discuss ways to develop movement skills. These include locomotor, non-locomotor, and object control skills, used separately or in combination.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Physical Education: Motor Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Individual & Team Sports
- MEGA Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MEGA Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MEGA Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MEGA Physical Education: Body Composition
- MEGA Physical Education: Fitness Goals
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Growth & Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Social & Behavioral Theories
- MEGA Physical Education: Benefits for Schools & Students
- MEGA Physical Education: Classroom Management
- MEGA Physical Education: Diversity in the Classroom
- MEGA Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MEGA Physical Education: Assessment Techniques
- MEGA Physical Education Flashcards