About This Chapter
MEGA Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness - Chapter Summary
Thanks to the video lessons in this chapter, learning about physical education and personal wellness isn't difficult. These lessons prepare you for questions on the exam relating to:
- Lifestyle choices and personal wellness
- Physical activity and its effects on the body
- Factors in weight management
- Dimensions of health and wellness
- Effects of inactivity
- Maintaining wellness through the years
This chapter uses engaging video lessons which range from 5-10 minutes in length. After viewing them, see what information you retained by taking the self-assessment quizzes. As you make your way through these resources, track your progress with our dashboard. You also can revisit specific parts of a lesson quickly by using the video tags, and pick up on key terms and phrases with the transcripts.
1. Lifestyle Choices and Personal Wellness: Decisions, Behavior & Prevention
What are lifestyle choices? What are acute and chronic problems? Which U.S. agencies are important for disease prevention? You'll find out about this and more in this lesson!
2. Effects of Physical Activity on Body Systems
In this lesson we'll discuss the effects, both short-term and long-term, of physical activity on each of the major systems of the human body. In addition, we'll discuss both the positive and negative effects of exercise.
3. How Inactivity Affects Human Body Systems
Physical inactivity affects you inside and out from head to toe. This lesson discusses how a lack of exercise can lead to a variety of physical disorders in many of your body systems.
4. Making Healthy Nutritional Choices: Habits, Behaviors & Resources
This lesson will help you see how easy it is to track what you eat and change your diet for the better. It will also provide you with additional information on where a wealth of information on healthy nutrition can be found.
5. Integrating Fitness into Daily Life
Physical fitness offers many benefits. This lesson will discuss some ways for integrating fitness into your daily life, including the use of technology to keep you on track.
6. Factors to Consider in Fitness & Weight Management
In this lesson, we examine several factors to consider in fitness and weight management. We cover the cost, accessibility, time necessary, and resources needed to reach these goals. We also cover the effect genetics has on these issues.
7. Health & Wellness: Definition and Dimensions
It's important to be happy and healthy! This lesson will contrast between health and wellness as well as what the different dimension of wellness are and how they interact.
8. Maintaining Wellness Throughout the Lifespan
What does it mean to be well? How can we maintain wellness throughout the lifespan? This lesson will discuss wellness and will introduce different ways to maintain it throughout the lifespan.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Physical Education: Motor Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Movement
- MEGA Physical Education: Individual & Team Sports
- MEGA Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MEGA Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MEGA Physical Education: Body Composition
- MEGA Physical Education: Fitness Goals
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Growth & Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Social & Behavioral Theories
- MEGA Physical Education: Benefits for Schools & Students
- MEGA Physical Education: Classroom Management
- MEGA Physical Education: Diversity in the Classroom
- MEGA Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MEGA Physical Education: Assessment Techniques
- MEGA Physical Education Flashcards