About This Chapter
MEGA Physical Education: Planning and Instruction - Chapter Summary
This chapter zeroes in on methods and considerations of teaching physical education. It has lessons packaged together in ways you'll find conducive to studying for the related segments of the MEGA Physical Education exam. Topics that are fleshed out include:
- Designing PE programs with national and state standards in mind
- Liability and legality in physical education
- Lesson plans
- Considering age in PE
- Instilling excitement towards PE
- Strategies and materials for teaching PE
If you have any questions during the course of your studies, you'll have quick access to our instructors through the teacher or help tab. More help is available within the dashboard feature where you can also ask questions of our subject experts.
1. Designing PE Programs Based on National & State Standards
This lesson will teach you how to design effective standardized physical education programs. It'll guide you through the process of backwards planning and evaluating to create the depth and order of the content.
2. Liability & Legal Considerations for Physical Education
In this lesson, you'll learn about the liability and legal considerations for physical education. Discover the common sources of legal liability and specific steps to take in order to reduce accidents and prevent possible legal issues.
3. Safety Guidelines for Physical Education
Physical education is a ton of fun, but the activities therein can be very dangerous if not properly monitored. This lesson gives you examples of safety guidelines for physical education.
4. Preventing & Treating Fitness Injuries
Injuries are a risk whenever you start a fitness program. Learn about ways to prevent common injuries, such as sprains and strains, as well as how to treat them using the RICE method, which stands for rest, ice, compress and elevate, in this lesson.
5. Analyzing Physical Education Lesson Plans
Teachers need to keep several aspects in mind when designing lessons, like skill level and purpose. This lesson describes necessary components of physical education lesson plans and details what aspects to include.
6. Age-Appropriate Physical Education Activities & Instruction
Physical education is an important aspect of a child's coordination and development, and it helps students engage in exercise. Use this lesson to understand how to tailor activities to each child's developmental level.
7. How to Get Kids Excited for Physical Activity
Combating obesity, inactivity, and laziness is a growing crisis. Helping kids to be excited to be involved in physical activity can change their lives. This lesson offers valuable tips for creating an active lifestyle.
8. Methods for Teaching Physical Education Lessons
Do you recall the sometimes fun and other times exasperating days of physical education class? In this lesson, we discuss various methods for teaching physical education lessons.
9. Instructional Materials for Physical Education Programs
Determining the right materials to choose for use in a PE program can make a big difference in the program's efficacy. This lesson discusses strategies you can use to select strong instructional materials.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MEGA Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MEGA Physical Education: Motor Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Movement
- MEGA Physical Education: Individual & Team Sports
- MEGA Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MEGA Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MEGA Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MEGA Physical Education: Body Composition
- MEGA Physical Education: Fitness Goals
- MEGA Physical Education: Human Growth & Development
- MEGA Physical Education: Social & Behavioral Theories
- MEGA Physical Education: Benefits for Schools & Students
- MEGA Physical Education: Classroom Management
- MEGA Physical Education: Diversity in the Classroom
- MEGA Physical Education: Assessment Techniques
- MEGA Physical Education Flashcards