About This Chapter
Mentoring at Work - Chapter Summary
Get to know more about mentoring at work through study of the lessons in this chapter. Take a close look at workplace mentoring and networking relationships and interpersonal communication. These lessons will help you answer test questions about such lesson subject matter as:
- Positive impact of workplace mentoring
- Types of workplace mentoring and skills required
- Effective management of mentoring relationships
- Mentoring challenges
- Mentors' and mentees' roles and responsibilities
Lessons are short and focused, and each has an accompanying quiz for testing your comprehension of what you just studied. You are able to ask questions of the instructor, and you can track your study progress on your dashboard.
1. Mentoring & Networking Relationships & Interpersonal Communication in the Workplace
Communication is vital for maintaining professional relationships. In this lesson, explore how to use communication in mentors and networking, and test your understanding with a brief quiz.
2. The Advantages of Mentoring in the Workplace
This lesson will discuss the advantages of establishing mentoring programs for employees and will review several types of mentoring. We will review in detail the advantages that mentors, employers, and the professional field experience as a result of strong mentoring in the workplace.
3. Mentoring in the Workplace: Types & Skills
In this lesson, we will discuss the different types of mentoring available in the workplace. We will also discuss the skills required to be a good mentor.
4. Managing an Effective Mentoring Relationship
Mentor relationships can be highly beneficial to a company and to the people involved in the relationships. It is a chance for both the mentor and mentee to grow and develop together if managed effectively. This lesson will discuss ways to manage an effective mentor relationship.
5. Common Challenges in Mentoring Relationships
Companies are finding that implementing mentor programs can have a positive impact; however, there are common challenges that arise in mentoring relationships. This lesson will take a look at those challenges.
6. Roles & Responsibilities of Mentors & Mentees
The mentor & mentee relationship is a 2-way street just like any relationship. In this lesson, we will learn the roles and responsibilities that both the mentor and mentee must follow for it to be a successful relationship.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Business Missions & Goals
- Building Strategy in Business
- Value Chain Management
- Improving Customer Relations
- Improving Quality in Business
- Improving Efficiency in Business
- Improving Innovation in Business
- Project Management Definition & Skills
- Managing Structure & Culture in Business
- Building Teams & Work Groups
- Human Resources & Hiring
- Training & Assessment in an Organization
- Overview of Workplace Pay & Benefits
- Diversity at Work
- Coaching & Feedback in the Workplace
- Career Business Networking
- Holding Productive Meetings
- CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards