About This Chapter
Mobile Marketing Overview - Chapter Summary
This chapter explores the process of developing a mobile marketing plan. You'll review key considerations of this type of marketing while defining important terms and examining potential approaches and strategies. Topics discussed include mobile ads, using mobile channels, website optimization, as well as all of the following:
- Defining and exemplifying mobile marketing
- The mobile purchasing funnel
- Bolstering your mobile marketing customer list
- Keeping tabs on mobile ad campaigns
- Utilizing apps
- Guidelines for mobile marketing
Our professional instructors are available for your questions along the way through the teacher or help tab if you ever get stuck. You can self-test yourself on each lesson by means of an accompanying practice quiz that you can take as many times as you want. And at the end of the chapter, you can assess yourself on a more comprehensive level using the practice final exam.
1. Mobile Marketing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define mobile marketing. Different types of mobile marketing, including SMS, QR codes, and push notifications will be reviewed. See how it is used and why it is important.
2. Using Mobile Channels in Effective Marketing
Mobile marketing is an entirely different animal than other forms of marketing. In this lesson, you'll learn why and explore how companies can utilize mobile marketing to their best advantage.
3. Using the Mobile Purchasing Funnel in Marketing
Mobile devices have changed how consumers complete their buying journey. In this lesson, you'll learn more about how mobile impacts direct purchasing, promotions and in-store purchases.
4. Strategies to Optimize a Website for Mobile Marketing
We live in a society that is attached to our mobile devices. This is why it is important to optimize your website for mobile marketing. This lesson will review why it is important as well as provide strategies for making your website mobile friendly.
5. Growing Your Mobile Marketing Customer List
Mobile marketing can be a great way to reach your customers quickly and effectively. In this lesson, you'll learn how to build and manage your phone number marketing list.
6. Mobile Advertising: Text Message Marketing
Companies have aggressively moved into mobile advertising, which includes text message marketing. This lesson will explain what text message marketing is, strategies for using this type of marketing, and examine the benefits and drawbacks of this type of marketing.
7. Mobile Ads: Types & Usage
In this lesson, we will explore various types of mobile ads and how each should be used. The lesson will include examples of each type of ad mentioned. You can also determine the right ad type to use for your company.
8. Measuring & Tracking Mobile Advertising Campaigns
Measuring and tracking mobile advertising campaigns presents a unique set of challenges to other forms of Internet advertising. However, with clear expectations set about goals and metrics at the beginning, mobile advertising can be a valuable tool in any campaign.
9. Using Apps in Mobile Marketing
Mobile applications are an effective way to engage customers. In this lesson, you'll learn how mobile applications can be an effective component of a mobile marketing strategy.
10. Marketing Your Mobile App
Mobile apps are used to market or promote your company, services and/or products. In this lesson, you'll learn more about promoting and marketing your application to increase engagement and awareness.
11. Mobile Marketing Guidelines & Regulations
Conscientious mobile marketing must follow certain guidelines and regulations, and should employ best practices. In this lesson, you'll learn more about all three.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional course
- Introduction to Marketing Strategies
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Marketing
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Search Engine Optimization in Marketing
- Paid Search (PPC) in Marketing
- Marketing with Social Media
- Web Analytics in Marketing
- OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional Flashcards