About This Chapter
Mobile Marketing - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
As customers turn more and more to mobile devices, the importance of marketing via mobile channels becomes more necessary. The use of mobile devices makes connecting with customers easier and more effective. This chapter will teach you how to benefit from the use of mobile technology. Instructors demonstrate how to use mobile marketing successfully through engaging video lessons. The quizzes at the end of each lesson can test you on the topics found in this chapter. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Outline the components of mobile technology that create opportunities for marketers to connect with customers
- Analyze current mobile marketing trends
- Create a mobile marketing plan using proven strategies
- Distinguish between the different types of mobile advertising
- Assess the uses of geo-tagging, geo-fencing and geo-location in digital marketing
1. Mobile Marketing: Definition & Examples
This lesson will define mobile marketing. Different types of mobile marketing, including SMS, QR codes, and push notifications will be reviewed. See how it is used and why it is important.
2. Trends in Mobile Marketing
Smartphones have revolutionized how businesses communicate with their customers. With the use of mobile marketing, efficiency and effectiveness of marketing activities has increased. This lesson explains how mobile marketing works.
3. Incorporating Mobile Technology in a Marketing Plan
Today, the quickest way to reach your audience is through their mobile phones. In this lesson, you'll learn what mobile marketing is, current trends, and how to add mobile to your marketing plan.
4. Mobile Ads: Types & Usage
In this lesson, we will explore various types of mobile ads and how each should be used. The lesson will include examples of each type of ad mentioned. You can also determine the right ad type to use for your company.
5. Geo-Location, Geo-Tagging & Geo-Fencing in Digital Marketing
In this lesson, we'll define location-based marketing and the different forms of geo-marketing available to businesses. We will cover geo-location, geo-tagging, geo-fencing, and geo-conquesting.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Marketing & the Internet
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Creating Digital Campaigns
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Advertising & Promotions
- Email Marketing
- Digital & Web Analytics
- Customer Engagement & Relations
- Digital Marketing Plan Strategy
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309