About This Chapter
Modeling & Diagramming in System Analysis & Design - Chapter Summary
This entertaining chapter can help you better understand the basics of modeling and diagramming in system analysis and design. Discover or get reacquainted with the semantic data model, conceptual modeling techniques, the use of namespaces in computing and much more. If you need help understanding these concepts, don't hesitate to submit questions to our subject-matter experts. Short quizzes and a practice exam can check your knowledge of the lessons. All resources in this chapter are accessible 24/7 via any computer or mobile device. Upon completion, you will be ready to:
- Define and share an example of the Meta-Object Facility
- Share examples of the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) and Ecore
- Differentiate between logical and physical data flow diagrams
- Describe the symbols of the control flow diagram in software engineering
- Provide an example of the semantic data model
- Compare and contrast the semantic data model and relational data model
- Discuss the domain, design and dynamic of conceptual modeling
- List and describe types of conceptual modeling techniques
- Explain ways to use namespaces in computing
1. The Difference Between Logical & Physical Data Flow Diagrams
A data flow diagram shows the flow of information through a system or an organization. The flow can be portrayed in more than one way, however. In this lesson, we'll examine logical and physical data flow diagrams.
2. Control Flow Diagram in Software Engineering: Symbols & Example
When designing software, we need to understand how the control of the program flows. This lesson will explain the control flow diagram. We will discuss the symbols involved and provide an example.
3. Semantic Data Model: Definition & Example
Data modeling isn't always about technical terms that only programmers understand. We also need models that can display a data model and its connection to the real world. This lesson will define semantic data models and provide an example.
4. Using Namespaces in Computing: Definition & Examples
When naming people in life or objects in computing, there are times when the same name will be used more than once. This lesson will define namespaces, the means of handling these duplicates. Examples will be provided for namespace use in computing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the System Analysis & Design: Help & Review course