About This Chapter
Modern Trends in Accounting - Chapter Summary
Everything in business changes, and understanding how those changes affect certain decisions can prove vital for most businesses. This chapter offers an in-depth review of some of the modern-day trends currently impacting the world of accounting. Our expert instructors explain these trends and identify what they may mean for businesses in terms of cost projections, management practices, and more. Review these materials at your own pace. Come back to individual lessons as many times as you'd like if you need to review further. At the close of the chapter, you will possess the skills necessary to do the following:
- Describe modern accounting trends
- Identify present-day trends in managerial accounting, such as globalization and increased social responsibility
- Explain current trends for cost accounting, including how technology has changed bookkeeping
1. Current Trends in Accounting
In this course, we'll be learning about the current trends in accounting. As the world changes, the accounting world changes with it, as you will see during this lesson.
2. Current Trends in Managerial Accounting
This lesson will discuss the current trends in managerial accounting and how factors such as globalization, changing technology, and social responsibility affect managerial accounting in today's business world.
3. Current Trends in Cost Accounting
This lesson looks at the accessibility and trends of cost accounting. Cost accounting has developed as technology has become cheaper and more plentiful. Bookkeeping is a practice of the past, while trends in cost accounting continue to develop.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Accounting 303: Cost Accounting course
- Cost Classifications in Accounting
- Costing Methods & Techniques
- Formulas for Cost Accounting
- Standard Costs in Accounting
- Job Order Cost System in Accounting
- Process Cost System in Accounting
- Activity-Based Costing Overview
- Product & Service Costing
- Budgetary Process
- Cost Behavior Analysis
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis Overview
- Cost Estimation
- Service Department & Joint Cost Allocation
- Cost Accounting for Decision Making
- Ethics in Cost Accounting
- Required Assignments for Accounting 303
- Studying for Accounting 303