About This Chapter
Modify a Table in Excel: Chapter Summary
Once you've learned how to create a table in Excel, you'll probably think of many ways it could be even more efficient and better serve your needs. That's when this set of lessons will be beneficial. Find out how to apply different styles and the methods for adding rows to an existing table in no time at all.
These video lessons offer all the information you need, and the well-informed instructors make the process look almost easy. Upon completion of each lesson, you can take the short, multiple-choice quiz to double check your accomplishments.
Topics covered in this chapter include:
- Applying styles to tables in Excel
- Banding columns and rows to tables
- Inserting a total row into your table
(Please note that all demonstrations in this chapters use Microsoft Excel 2013. Some features, tools and displays might be somewhat different in other versions.)
Excel is a trademark of the Microsoft Corporation, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. How to Apply a Style to an Excel Table
If you like to apply a little pizzazz to your worksheet data, tables and table styles are the perfect features. This lesson will introduce you to Table Styles and guide you through the steps to applying styles to your worksheet data.
2. How to Band Rows & Columns in an Excel Table
Sometimes a lot of data in a worksheet can be hard to read. Alternating rows with shading can help. This lesson will explain color banding and how to apply shading to every other row in your worksheet.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Excel: Essential Training & Tutorials course
- Creating Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Formatting Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Customizing Options & Views in Excel
- Configure to Print & Save in Excel
- Format Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Insert Data in Cells and Ranges in Excel
- Filter and Sort a Table in Excel
- Order & Group Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Create a Table in Excel
- Use Cell Ranges & References for Formulas & Functions in Excel
- Summarize Data with Functions in Excel
- Functions with Conditional Logic in Excel
- Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Create a Chart in Excel