About This Chapter
Monkeys, Apes and Chimps for Kids - Chapter Summary
These short, yet interesting and well-presented lessons on monkeys, chimpanzees and apes can help your students learn more about these animals. Kid-sized lessons will keep your students engaged while making learning about proboscis monkeys, snow monkeys and a variety of other species easy and fun. Each lesson is accompanied by a short quiz, and the chapter test allows you to measure their overall mastery of the material.
- Facts about snow monkeys
- Types of monkeys
- Proboscis monkeys
- Monkeys found in rainforests
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help understanding monkeys, apes and chimpanzees will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about these animals.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about vervet monkeys
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about different types of monkeys
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about rainforest monkeys
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the monkey, ape and chimp-related topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about snow monkeys.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands apes, monkeys and chimps by completing the Monkeys, Apes and Chimps for Kids chapter exam.
1. Snow Monkey Facts: Lesson for Kids
Did you know that some monkeys love to lounge in a warm bath? Well, snow monkeys do! In this lesson, you'll learn about what snow monkeys look like, what they eat, and why they can sometimes be found in hot springs.
2. Types of Monkeys: Lesson for Kids
Monkeys live all over the world and come in various shapes, sizes, and colors. In this lesson, you will learn about Old World and New World monkeys and will be able to put this new knowledge to work by classifying them yourself.
3. Rainforest Monkey Facts: Lesson for Kids
Rainforests are fascinating places where many species of monkeys can be found swinging in the trees. In this lesson, learn about some of these types of monkeys, including where they live, what they eat, and why their population is declining.
4. Vervet Monkey Facts: Lesson for Kids
Look up in the trees! It is a troop of vervet monkeys! In this lesson, we will learn what these monkeys look like, where they live, and how they interact with humans.
5. Proboscis Monkey Facts: Lesson for Kids
Proboscis monkeys are known for their very large noses - they were even named for their distinctive nose size! This lesson will teach you other facts about these monkeys, including what they look like, where they live, what they eat, and more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School