About This Chapter
Moons of the Solar System for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This mobile-friendly chapter provides interesting facts about the moons of our solar system. Designed for elementary-level students, these bite-sized lessons help them identify the moons of planets like Jupiter and Saturn. You can share these lessons with your students at any time, and we've included short quizzes to help you assess their understanding of the information.
- Moons in the solar system
- Jupiter's moons
- The moons of Saturn
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about the moons of the solar system will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn facts about each planet's moons.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about the moons of the solar system
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the earth's spheres
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the solar system's moons
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the solar system/moon topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the different moons of the solar system.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands facts about the earth's sphere by administering the Moons of the Solar System for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Moons in our Solar System: Lesson for Kids
When you go outside at night and look up, you may see lots of stars and the round, white moon. Have you ever wondered if there are other moons out there, and if there are, are they round and white like ours?
2. How Many Moons Does Jupiter Have? - Lesson for Kids
Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system and has the most moons of any planet. How many moons orbit this giant, and why does it claim more than the other planets? Read on to learn more.
3. Saturn's Moons Lesson for Kids
Moons come in all shapes and sizes, and scientists are discovering more about them every day. In this lesson, you will learn about some of the moons around Saturn.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.