About This Chapter
MTEL Business: Equal Employment Opportunity - Chapter Summary
Before taking the exam, spend 5-10 minutes watching video lessons about items like PDA regulations and the Equal Pay Act. Assess your memory of the Title VII law by taking a quick multiple-choice quiz. When you've finished this chapter, you will be knowledgeable about the following:
- Laws of human resource management
- Equal Employment Opportunity, Title VII law, ADA law, and ADEA law
- PDA regulations
- Definition of the Equal Pay Act
- Connection between human resource management and the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991
- Affirmative Action
Use the video links beneath the lessons to skip to different topics within them. You can easily review previous lessons by clicking the Recent Activity button. Let our instructors or experts know if you have any questions while you're moving through the chapter. In addition to the quizzes, you can also take the chapter and final exams.
MTEL Business: Equal Employment Opportunity Objectives
The concepts in this chapter full of resources can be found on the Business Management section of the MTEL Business exam. The subarea is worth 21% of the whole exam. Your knowledge of human resource management and its related laws will be tested during the 100 multiple-choice, computerized test. Also, there will be 2 open-ended questions to which you will have to provide answers.
1. Human Resource Management (HRM): Laws & Regulations
Learn about several laws, regulations, policies and governing entities that human resource management (HRM) must comply with, like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment and affirmative action.
2. Equal Employment Opportunity: Title VII Law & Regulations
One of the most important employment laws on the books is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. In this lesson, you'll learn about Title VII, its regulations and how it affects human resources management. A short quiz follows.
3. Equal Employment Opportunity: ADA Law & Regulations
One of the most important employment laws on the books for human resource managers is the Americans with Disabilities Act. In this lesson, you'll learn some of its key provisions and concepts. A short quiz follows.
4. Equal Employment Opportunity: ADEA Law & Regulations
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 will continue to play an important role in human resources management as the U.S. population continues to age. In this lesson, you'll learn about its key provisions.
5. Equal Employment Opportunity: PDA & Regulations
Female employees play a pivotal role in the success of an organization, but have historically been at a career disadvantage if they decide to bear children. In this lesson, you'll learn about the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, including its protections and key provisions.
6. Equal Pay Act: Definition and Effects
Women have made huge strides in the working world in recent decades. However, there is still a problem of unequal pay. In this lesson, you'll learn about the Equal Pay Act and its key provisions. A short quiz follows the lesson.
7. Relation of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and 1991 to Human Resource Management
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 is one of the most influential laws affecting employment in the United States. The Civil Rights Act of 1991 amended some of its provisions. In this lesson, you'll learn about how each Act applies to HR Management.
8. Affirmative Action: Definition and Effects on Diversity in the Workplace
Affirmative action creates a diverse workplace for organizations. Legislation was passed to help protected groups not have an adverse impact on employment opportunities. In this lesson, find out the difference between protected groups and adverse impacts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTEL Business (19): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTEL Business: Management Basics
- MTEL Business: Management Theories
- MTEL Business: Planning Function of Management
- MTEL Business: Organizing Function of Management
- MTEL Business: Leading Function of Management
- MTEL Business: Leadership Theories
- MTEL Business: Controlling Function of Management
- MTEL Business: Motivation & Management
- MTEL Business: Managing Organizational Change
- MTEL Business: Operational Management
- MTEL Business: Overview of Human Resource Management
- MTEL Business: Job Analysis & Design
- MTEL Business: Hiring & Staffing
- MTEL Business: Employee Training & Assessment
- MTEL Business: Employee Compensation
- MTEL Business: Employment Law & Rights
- MTEL Business: Labor Relations
- MTEL Business: Business Communications
- MTEL Business: Overview of the American Legal System
- MTEL Business: Contract Law
- MTEL Business: Property Law
- MTEL Business: Agency Law
- MTEL Business: Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy
- MTEL Business: Securities & Antitrust Law
- MTEL Business: Product Liability & Consumer Protection
- MTEL Business: Environmental Law
- MTEL Business: Business Law & Ethics
- MTEL Business: Overview of Accounting
- MTEL Business: Accounting Cycle
- MTEL Business: Financial Statements & Ratios
- MTEL Business: Managerial Accounting & Internal Controls
- MTEL Business: Basics of Business Math
- MTEL Business: Probability & Statistics
- MTEL Business: Depreciation
- MTEL Business: Interest & Purchases
- MTEL Business: Financial Analysis
- MTEL Business: Basic Concepts of Microeconomics
- MTEL Business: Supply & Demand in Microeconomics
- MTEL Business: Aggregate Supply & Demand in Macroeconomics
- MTEL Business: Economic Systems & Theories in Macroeconomics
- MTEL Business: Business Cycle, GDP & Growth in Macroeconomics
- MTEL Business: Unemployment & Inflation in Macroeconomics
- MTEL Business: Fiscal Policy & Monetary Policy in Macroeconomics
- MTEL Business: Trade & International Business in Macroeconomics
- MTEL Business: General Marketing Concepts
- MTEL Business: Consumer Behavior
- MTEL Business: Pricing in Marketing
- MTEL Business: Product Development, Market Research & Segmentation
- MTEL Business: Advertising, Promotion & PR
- MTEL Business: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- MTEL Business: Entrepreneurship
- MTEL Business: Information Technology
- MTEL Business: Career Development
- MTEL Business: Consumer Economics & Personal Finance
- MTEL Business Flashcards