About This Chapter
MTLE Basic Skills: Summarizing & Interpreting Information - Chapter Summary
Outlining, using charts and visuals to represent and organize information and other strategies come to life in these lessons on summarizing and interpreting information. Use this material to enhance and refresh your own expertise in this area. Then, you might give accurate answers to MTLE Basic Skills exam questions. The videos provide information in the areas shown below:
- Organizing ideas into outline form
- Definition and description of a summary
- Analyzing and interpreting graphic information
- Explanation and samples of graphic organizers
We make measuring your progress and mastering the lessons in each chapter a simple matter by offering short quizzes and a more comprehensive chapter test. Each quiz links back to points in the video, so that you can check an answer or review part of a lesson. By checking out a recording of your work activities in your dashboard, you can stay organized and on track.
1. How to Arrange Ideas in a Reading Selection in an Outline
Organizing ideas presented in a reading selection can seem like a tricky task. But, in this lesson, we'll discuss how to do this effectively and why it is an important skill to master.
2. What is a Summary? - Definition & Concept
In this lesson you'll learn what summaries are and how they differ from other forms of condensed writing. You'll also be shown an example of a summary, and what should and should not be included in a summary paragraph.
3. How to Analyze Graphic Information Inside a Text
In this lesson, we explore graphic information in texts. We will take a look at the types of graphics often seen in nonfiction, learn how to analyze them, and see how they contribute to the texts' information.
4. Graphic Organizer: Definition, Types & Examples
In this lesson, delve into the world of graphic organizers and gain an understanding of the definition and varieties. You'll also view examples of how they can be applied to foster a myriad of educational objectives.
5. Organizing Information With Outlines & Text Mapping
If you need assistance when it comes to reading and writing development, this lesson will come in handy. We will go over how and why to use outlines and text mapping in order to organize information for improved writing. Read on to learn more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Basic Skills: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Basic Skills: Determining Word Meanings
- MTLE Basic Skills: Figurative Language
- MTLE Basic Skills: Increasing Vocabulary
- MTLE Basic Skills: Main Idea in Literature
- MTLE Basic Skills: Literary Purpose & Audience
- MTLE Basic Skills: Word Choice in Literature
- MTLE Basic Skills: Relationships Between Ideas in Writing
- MTLE Basic Skills: Analyzing Written Material
- MTLE Basic Skills: Presenting Ideas in Writing
- MTLE Basic Skills: Writing Mechanics
- MTLE Basic Skills: Spelling & Punctuation
- MTLE Basic Skills: Writing for Intent & Audience
- MTLE Basic Skills: Numbers
- MTLE Basic Skills: Operations With Integers
- MTLE Basic Skills: Fractions
- MTLE Basic Skills: Decimals
- MTLE Basic Skills: Percentages
- MTLE Basic Skills: Exponents
- MTLE Basic Skills: Solving Math Problems
- MTLE Basic Skills: Algebraic Patterns & Expressions
- MTLE Basic Skills: Equations, Functions & Factoring
- MTLE Basic Skills: Linear & Nonlinear Functions
- MTLE Basic Skills: Measurement, Units & Operations
- MTLE Basic Skills: Measurement, Shapes & Angles
- MTLE Basic Skills: Calculating Measurements Indirectly
- MTLE Basic Skills: Solving Measurement Problems
- MTLE Basic Skills: Principles of Geometry
- MTLE Basic Skills: Using Geometry to Solve Problems
- MTLE Basic Skills: Statistics & Discrete Mathematics
- MTLE Basic Skills: Probability
- MTLE Basic Skills: Applications of Discrete Mathematics
- MTLE Basic Skills: Problem Solving Strategies
- MTLE Basic Skills: Using Logic to Solve Problems
- MTLE Basic Skills: Mathematical Language & Connections
- MTLE Basic Skills Flashcards