About This Chapter
MTLE Business: Group Skills & Behavior - Chapter Summary
Studying for the MTLE Business assessment could require you to revisit concepts you haven't explored in awhile. Get reacquainted with group skills and behavior by watching lessons that enable you to:
- Identify qualities of group members
- Define group dynamics and the theory behind these processes
- Give and respond to constructive feedback in a work environment
- Explain how to manage and resolve conflict in organizations
- Discuss group behavior, its benefits and potential pitfalls
This chapter helps you avoid the challenging process of compiling the correct study materials for the exam. You can simply review the short video lessons to gain greater insight into group skills and behavior, and ask any questions about lessons to our experts.
MTLE Business: Group Skills & Behavior Chapter Objectives
This MTLE Business: Group Skills & Behavior chapter covers topics found in the business organization and management subarea, which constitutes about 29% of Subtest 1. In addition to watching videos, you can access full transcripts with vocabulary words that can help deepen your understanding of the lessons. Before, during or after reviewing the lessons, feel free to test your comprehension of group skills and behavior by taking self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam.
The MTLE assessment is broken into two subtests that can be taken together or separately. Both subtests consist of 50 multiple-choice questions and require minimum passing scores of 240. Use the resources in this chapter to improve your chances of success on the assessment. Doing so can help you secure the licensure needed to teach business to Minnesota students in grades 5-12.
1. Qualities of Group Members: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Groups have a lot of dynamics, and in many ways, those dynamics are made up of the members in the group. Each member brings different knowledge, skills and abilities to the group, and in this lesson, we will address those three key areas.
2. What Are Group Dynamics? - Definition & Theory
Learn about group dynamics and the theory behind understanding these processes. Learn about the factors that affect group dynamics with some real-life examples.
3. Giving and Responding to Constructive Feedback
Giving and receiving feedback in a work environment allows individuals to understand how they are performing in their job. There are suggestions that individuals can follow to better understand how to deal with criticism.
4. Conflict Resolution: Managing Conflict in Organizations
Conflict can be solved in many ways. This lesson provides an overview of the different types of conflict resolution strategies, including avoidance, accommodation, competition, compromise, and collaboration.
5. Group Behavior in Social Psychology: Definition & Influences
Do individuals behave differently in groups than they would on their own? How do group dynamics affect our decision-making skills? You'll learn about the benefits and potential pitfalls than can come from belonging to a group.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Business: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Business: Organizations & Management
- MTLE Business: Human Resources Management
- MTLE Business: Employment Laws
- MTLE Business: Market Share & Financial Data
- MTLE Business: Commercial Transactions
- MTLE Business: Finance, Accounting & Information Analysis
- MTLE Business: Data Interpretation & Management
- MTLE Business: Taxation & Financial Calculations
- MTLE Business: Principles of Marketing
- MTLE Business: Product Development & Distribution
- MTLE Business: Court Systems & Government Regulations
- MTLE Business: Microeconomics & Macroeconomics
- MTLE Business: International Business
- MTLE Business: Using Information Systems
- MTLE Business: Information Technology & Communications
- MTLE Business: Career Development
- MTLE Business: Content Comprehension for Students
- MTLE Business: Reading Instruction Strategies
- MTLE Business Flashcards