About This Chapter
MTLE Business: Market Share & Financial Data - Chapter Summary
Let us help you prepare for the MTLE Business exam by reviewing the financial concepts necessary for understanding the stock exchange. After completing this chapter, you will have explored:
- Competitive pricing for market penetration
- Understanding stocks and stockholders
- Dividends, common and preferred stock
- Using financial data for business analysis
The lessons have been developed to familiarize you with material you will come across on the exam. You will find several methods for learning included in each lesson. There is a video to help illustrate the concepts being reviewed along with the video's transcript for text-based learning. You can take the self-assessment quiz at the end of each lesson to test your knowledge and see how questions may appear on the exam.
MTLE Business: Market Share & Financial Data - Objectives
The MTLE Business exam is administered to educators in Minnesota who are hoping to teach business courses to middle and high school students. The exam consists of two subtests and each test contains three major content subareas. The information reviewed in this chapter prepares you for questions related finance, accounting, and computation on Subtest 1, which account for 42% of Subtest 1's score.
Subtest 1 of the MTLE Business exam contains approximately 50 multiple-choice questions. You need a score of 240 or higher on each of the two subtests to qualify for certification.
1. Market Penetration Pricing: Strategy & Example
Sometimes a business will undercut its competition's pricing to gain a solid market share. In this lesson, you'll learn about penetration pricing strategy. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz to reinforce your knowledge.
2. Stocks: Understanding Investment Performance
Many large companies around the world are owned by the public in the form of stocks. Watch this video lesson to learn how stockholders earn money when the company does well.
3. What Are Dividends? - Investing in Stocks
Many people are interested in stock investment, and there are a few basic terms investors and business people should understand. This lesson explains dividends, common stock and preferred stock.
4. What Is Financial Data? - Definition & Concept
Financial data provides the fundamental building blocks for sound business analysis. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of the primary types of financial data used by managers, investors, and regulators in analyzing a company. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Business: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Business: Organizations & Management
- MTLE Business: Human Resources Management
- MTLE Business: Employment Laws
- MTLE Business: Group Skills & Behavior
- MTLE Business: Commercial Transactions
- MTLE Business: Finance, Accounting & Information Analysis
- MTLE Business: Data Interpretation & Management
- MTLE Business: Taxation & Financial Calculations
- MTLE Business: Principles of Marketing
- MTLE Business: Product Development & Distribution
- MTLE Business: Court Systems & Government Regulations
- MTLE Business: Microeconomics & Macroeconomics
- MTLE Business: International Business
- MTLE Business: Using Information Systems
- MTLE Business: Information Technology & Communications
- MTLE Business: Career Development
- MTLE Business: Content Comprehension for Students
- MTLE Business: Reading Instruction Strategies
- MTLE Business Flashcards