About This Chapter
MTLE Chemistry: Using Math and Computers - Chapter Summary
Expand your knowledge of math and computers as they relate to chemistry. By taking this action, you can be well-prepared when the MTLE Chemistry testing session rolls around. This chapter includes several lessons that emphasize relevant topics such as:
- The metric system
- Regression analysis
- Linear regression
- Dimensional analysis
- Measurements, computers and technology in the scientific field
- The correlation between science, mathematics and technology
Instructors present these engaging video lessons so that they are easy to follow. They can also answer your questions when you submit them via the dashboard. Make sure to take the multiple-choice quizzes to gauge your retention of the above concepts before you go on to take the MTLE Chemistry exam.
1. The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Just like you and your friend communicate using the same language, scientists all over the world need to use the same language when reporting the measurements they make. This language is called the metric system. In this lesson we will cover the metric units for length, mass, volume, density and temperature, and also discuss how to convert among them.
2. Regression Analysis: Definition & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn about regression analysis and how you can use it to help you analyze and better understand data that you receive from surveys or observations. Learn what is involved in regression analysis and what to look out for.
3. How Scientists Use Computers & Technology
Whether you realize it or not, science and technology are very closely related. In this lesson, we will look at this close relationship and learn how scientists use computers and technology to help us learn about the universe.
4. Simple Linear Regression: Definition, Formula & Examples
Simple linear regression is a great way to make observations and interpret data. In this lesson, you will learn to find the regression line of a set of data using a ruler and a graphing calculator.
5. Unit Conversion and Dimensional Analysis
How is solving a chemistry problem like playing dominoes? Watch this lesson to find out how you can use your domino skills to solve almost any chemistry problem.
6. Measurements & Uncertainty in Science
In this lesson, you will discover the importance of precision and accuracy in science while learning to make measurements. Also, you will understand how to perform calculations with measurements that conserve precision and limit uncertainty.
7. Similarities Among Systems in Mathematics, Science & Technology
How do the concepts of balance and equilibrium extend throughout science and mathematics? How does solving algebraic equations parallel chemical equilibrium within a solution? See how crucial balance is in our universe as well as how mathematics is used to describe these constant equilibriums.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Chemistry: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Chemistry: Nature of Science
- MTLE Chemistry: Scientific Literacy & Instruction
- MTLE Chemistry: Atomic Structure
- MTLE Chemistry: Properties of Matter
- MTLE Chemistry: Stoichiometry & Chemical Equations
- MTLE Chemistry: Thermodynamics
- MTLE Chemistry: Gases
- MTLE Chemistry: Liquids & Solids
- MTLE Chemistry: Solutions in Chemistry
- MTLE Chemistry: Chemical Bonding
- MTLE Chemistry: Inorganic & Organic Compounds
- MTLE Chemistry: Chemical Reactions
- MTLE Chemistry: Chemical Equilibrium
- MTLE Chemistry: Acids & Bases
- MTLE Chemistry: Redox Reactions & Electrochemistry
- MTLE Chemistry Flashcards