About This Chapter
MTLE Health: Environmental Health & Pollution - Chapter Summary
Our video lessons and self-assessment quizzes help you review and possibly learn new things about the types of environmental health. These lessons also get you ready for MTLE Health test questions that are about the following:
- Threats to environmental health
- Global environmental issues
- Problems with groundwater
- Humans' influence on the environment
- Types and sources of water pollution
- Air pollution types and sources
- Environmental policy of the US government
- Population density
Not only do our video lessons help you review topics that deal with pollution and environmental health for the exam, but they make the reviewing process fun. We also have lesson quizzes you can utilize, which give you an idea of how prepared you are before taking the exam. Go back and reexamine any health-related topics with ease by using our video tags.
1. What Is Environmental Health? Definition, Types & Sources
In this video lesson, you will learn about environmental health. You will also learn about threats to environmental health and how to distinguish between different categories of environmental hazards.
2. Understanding & Assessing Threats to Environmental Health
In this lesson you will learn how threats to environmental health are assessed. You will also learn how management decisions are made based on such threats and their risks.
3. Global Environmental Issues: Types & Treaties
The following lesson defines and then discusses examples of global environmental issues, such as global climate change and pollution. A short quiz will follow the lesson to check your understanding.
4. Environmental Problems Associated With Groundwater
Groundwater is an important natural resource, but like many of our other resources, it's affected by the surrounding environment and human activities. In this video lesson, you'll learn about some of the environmental problems associated with groundwater and why groundwater is especially vulnerable to them.
5. Human Impacts on the Environment
The human population continues to grow, but the size of Earth and the resources available for our use are limited. Humans greatly impact the world around them, and our actions can and often do have dramatic and long-lasting consequences.
6. Water Pollution: Definition, Types, and Sources
In this lesson, you will learn about the different types and sources of water pollution. You will gain an understanding of both surface water and groundwater pollution and the similarities and differences between them.
7. What Is Air Pollution? - Definition, Sources & Types
In this video lesson, you will learn about the sources and types of air pollution. You will be able to identify the six classes of air pollutants identified by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Clean Air Act of 1970.
8. What Is Indoor Air Pollution? - Definition, Sources & Effects
In this video lesson, you will learn the harmful effects of indoor air pollution. You will also gain an understanding of the sources of indoor air pollution, and how they differ between developed and developing nations.
9. What Is Population Density? - Definition & Explanation
Environments are designed for a specific number of individuals. The number of individuals that occupy an area are very important in the study of biology. In this lesson, we will examine population density to determine its significance.
10. Future Environmental Concerns: Population, Food Supply, Energy & Pollution
There are many issues that raise future environmental concerns. Learn how the environment may be impacted by the growing population and food and energy needs of the world, as well as growing pollution concerns as we move through the 21st century.
11. The 3 Rs of Reducing Solid Waste: Reuse, Reduce & Recycle
Reduce, reuse, recycle! In this lesson, we will explore the three Rs of reducing solid waste. We will also investigate examples of each of the three Rs, and how people can do their part to help reduce solid waste.
12. How the U.S. Government Protects the Environment
One of the most controversial areas of government policy today is environmental policy. In this lesson, you'll learn how U.S. government environmental policy is made and you'll be provided an overview of some major legislative acts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Health: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Health: Injury Prevention & Safety Strategies
- MTLE Health: Substance Use, Abuse & Dependence
- MTLE Health: Nature of Illness & Disease
- MTLE Health: Disease Prevention & Public Health
- MTLE Health: Human Sexuality
- MTLE Health: Overview of the Human Body
- MTLE Health: Human Development
- MTLE Health: Childhood Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adolescent Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adult Health & Development
- MTLE Health: Types & Sources of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Functions of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Principles of Nutritional Health
- MTLE Health: Nutritional Health Across the Life Span
- MTLE Health: Planning a Balanced Diet
- MTLE Health: Benefits of Physical Fitness
- MTLE Health: Emotional & Mental Health
- MTLE Health: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- MTLE Health: Conflict Resolution & Violence Prevention
- MTLE Health: Making Healthy Decisions
- MTLE Health: Health Information Resources
- MTLE Health: Health Care Systems
- MTLE Health: Media & Advertising
- MTLE Health: Reading & Comprehension Skills
- MTLE Health: Health Education Programs
- MTLE Health Flashcards