About This Chapter
MTLE Health: Health Care Systems - Chapter Summary
This chapter can serve as your one-stop-shop for all the information related to health care systems that you'll want to be familiar with going into the MTLE Health exam. It thoroughly covers subject-pertinent topics such as:
- The health care decision process
- Health care in late adulthood
- Awareness, attitudes, and prevention in health care
- The ins and outs of health care insurance
- The Affordable Health Care Act
- An overview of the U.S. health care system
- Different forms of health care and health care systems
- Communal health care services for the elderly
- The effect of technology on health behaviors
It will be easy to check your understanding of these topics using the practice quizzes placed at the end of each lesson, which you'll be able to take and re-take as many times as you want. If you prefer to study offline, you'll also have the option to print these quizzes as worksheets.
1. Making Health Care Decisions: Factors, Choices & Criteria
Making decisions relating to your healthcare may be a daunting challenge. This lesson will explore where you can turn to for more information and which types of information are best avoided.
2. Health Care Treatment in Late Adulthood
As people age, their bodies change, but what exactly does that mean in terms of health care? Watch this lesson to find out more about illness and disease in late adulthood, as well as the types of health care facilities often frequented in later life.
3. Health Care: Awareness, Attitudes, & Prevention
During late life, health issues can become both more common and more serious. But health can be impacted by a person's attitudes and behaviors. In this lesson, we'll explore how prevention and attitude can play a role in older people's health.
4. Health Insurance and Health Care: Overview, Roles & Regulations
This lesson will explain the major aspects of health insurance and its role in your health care costs. We will discuss premiums, deductibles, coinsurance, copays, and more!
5. Affordable Health Care Act: Description, Overview & Relevance to HR Management
One of the newest federal laws facing employers today is the Affordable Care Act. In this lesson, you'll be provided an overview of the Affordable Care Act and its relevance to human resource management. A short quiz follows.
6. The U.S. Health Care System: Description, Structure, Cost, Quality & Access
This lesson will explore the issues associated with the costs and quality of health care access, as well as what HMOs, PPOs, POS, HSAs, Medicare, and Medicaid are.
7. Health Care Systems: Types & Concept
In this lesson, we will take a look at the different types of health care systems and how they affect the lives and well-being of communities around the world.
8. Types of Health Care: HMOs, PPOs, Socialized Medicine & Direct-Fee System
In this lesson, we discuss health care as a social institution and how health care systems differ worldwide. We also discuss several different ways that health care is paid for by patients, organizations and government.
9. Community-Based Health Care Services for the Elderly
Many people work hard to bring health care to elderly patients without making them travel to the doctor. Watch this video to find out about community-based health care options for the elderly, including what they are and common types of them.
10. Impact of Technology on Health Behaviors
Health related technology involves computers, the internet, websites, mobile phones, trackers, apps, and a lot more. And all of them may influence our health behaviors. This lesson points out a few ways this may occur.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Health: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Health: Injury Prevention & Safety Strategies
- MTLE Health: Substance Use, Abuse & Dependence
- MTLE Health: Nature of Illness & Disease
- MTLE Health: Disease Prevention & Public Health
- MTLE Health: Human Sexuality
- MTLE Health: Overview of the Human Body
- MTLE Health: Human Development
- MTLE Health: Childhood Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adolescent Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adult Health & Development
- MTLE Health: Types & Sources of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Functions of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Principles of Nutritional Health
- MTLE Health: Nutritional Health Across the Life Span
- MTLE Health: Planning a Balanced Diet
- MTLE Health: Benefits of Physical Fitness
- MTLE Health: Emotional & Mental Health
- MTLE Health: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- MTLE Health: Conflict Resolution & Violence Prevention
- MTLE Health: Making Healthy Decisions
- MTLE Health: Health Information Resources
- MTLE Health: Media & Advertising
- MTLE Health: Reading & Comprehension Skills
- MTLE Health: Health Education Programs
- MTLE Health: Environmental Health & Pollution
- MTLE Health Flashcards